Rally Software

• 1.  Why the Milestones column if not available in Excel Add-in when querying User Story ?

Posted Aug 20, 2015 10:34 AM
    Hi,

Is there a reason why Milestones are not available in the Excel Add-in?
    I'm trying to group my EPICs in some ways. Release is not available for EPIC so I'm leaning towards Milestone but I don't see the column in Excel Add-in and it's a show stopper for a bulk update of my EPCs.

Thanks,
    Yann  

• 2.  Re: Why the Milestones column if not available in Excel Add-in when querying User Story ?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 20, 2015 02:19 PM
    Hi Yann, this is something Rally is working on releasing, but we don't yet have an ETA for you. 

• 3.  Re: Why the Milestones column if not available in Excel Add-in when querying User Story ?

Posted Aug 20, 2015 02:24 PM
    Thanks John for your anwser.
    I'm going to deal with Tags for now.

• 4.  Re: Why the Milestones column if not available in Excel Add-in when querying User Story ?

Posted Aug 20, 2015 02:31 PM
    That's great, John - glad to hear it!

• 5.  Re: Why the Milestones column if not available in Excel Add-in when querying User Story ?

Posted Sep 29, 2015 10:15 PM

Hi John,
    I'm another user looking for Milestone in Excel addin. Any new news on an ETA?

Thanks,
    Mark

• 6.  Re: Why the Milestones column if not available in Excel Add-in when querying User Story ?

Posted Sep 30, 2015 09:54 AM
    Mark, no ETA at the moment.  I do encourage you to vote and share the existing Idea for this functionality, though: https://ideas.rallydev.com/ideas/D3658

• 7.  Re: Why the Milestones column if not available in Excel Add-in when querying User Story ?

Posted Sep 30, 2015 11:05 AM
    Thanks John. I voted this morning. Let me know if there is any other lobbying I can do. As a common component team, this is really limiting my abilty to report my deliverables to the products that consume my code. 

• 8.  Re: Why the Milestones column if not available in Excel Add-in when querying User Story ?

Posted Nov 23, 2015 06:56 PM
    Still waiting on this one. It would be a major block for our internal reporting routines if this is not available to us.

• 9.  Re: Why the Milestones column if not available in Excel Add-in when querying User Story ?

Posted Oct 05, 2017 06:11 AM

Still no milestone available via the Add-in, any updates on that?

Thx

• 10.  Re: Why the Milestones column if not available in Excel Add-in when querying User Story ?

Posted Oct 06, 2017 03:38 PM

If you have not discovered this already, as a possible workaround for adding Tags and Milestones to newly imported items, you might consider using bulk editing (more information here) to add these values to your items.   This can be done on most of the pages, or with a Custom list, quite easily.  You can use the filtering to make selections based on specific criteria, then bulk edit to add the Tags and Milestones.   

Hope this helps!