AnsweredAssumed Answered

excel error when using pivot table/data model

Question asked by KevinGregg1356948 on Mar 2, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 3, 2016 by KevinGregg1356948
I have two datasets I am pulling from Rally using the excel plug in - time entry items and time entry values.  Once I have the two sheets populate, I am trying to add a pivot table.  When adding the pivot table, if I choose the 'add to data model' option so that I can create a relationship between the two tables, I can then no longer refresh the data from Rally.  If I do not "add to data model", I do not get the error.  

The error I get is "Exception from HRESULT:0x800A03EC".  
From the system log, the error is 

Error running query: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC at System.Dynamic.ComRuntimeHelpers.CheckThrowException(Int32 hresult, ExcepInfo& excepInfo, UInt32 argErr, String message) at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , ComObject ) at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object ) at RallyExcel.ExcelDataAdapter.RefreshPivots() in C:\Jenkins\workspace\DotNet\Rally-DotNet-Excel\RallyExcel\ExcelDataAdapter.cs:line 323 at RallyExcel.RallyExcelRibbon.OnRefreshClicked(Object sender, RibbonControlEventArgs e) in C:\Jenkins\workspace\DotNet\Rally-DotNet-Excel\RallyExcel\RallyExcelRibbon.cs:line 278  

Outcomes