Rally Software

• 1.  Can you print all of the test cases at once that are in a test folder?

Posted Mar 02, 2016 03:39 PM
    I know you can select each individual test case and print them out.  Is there a way to select all of the test cases in a test folder and print them all at once?  I am running On-Prem v2014.3-1

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Can you print all of the test cases at once that are in a test folder?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 03, 2016 10:30 AM
    I'm not sure how much on-prem differs from SaaS but I'm going to presume not much. There isn't an applicable bulk action for test cases so if you're looking for the classic Print view of a single test case then without custom development you don't have a lot of options. If you don't require the classic view then I can think of a couple of options. 
    • Create a Custom List of Test Cases with the columns that you want, filter it on your test folder ID and then use the Import/Export/Print dialog to print (or export to CSV, format and print in Excel).      
      • One quirk- at least in my SaaS instance I can't use the regular filter function to filter by Test Folder- don't know whether this is a defect and I haven't investigated. I simply entered a query string like: (TestFolder.FormattedID = "TF1").

• Use the Excel Add-in to get the same output as the Custom List trick outlined above, then format and print as you like in Excel.
    Hope that helps!

• 3.  Re: Can you print all of the test cases at once that are in a test folder?

Posted Mar 31, 2016 02:21 PM
    Incidentally, the defect that prevented filtering by Test Folder (DE24817 - [Filter Component] Cannot filter test cases by Test Folder or Work Product on a custom list) was fixed as of March 16th, at least for SaaS customers.

• 4.  Re: Can you print all of the test cases at once that are in a test folder?

Posted Apr 18, 2019 11:31 AM

In the Excel Add in, how would i write the query for multiple test folders: (TestFolder.FormattedID = "TF103", OR "TF104", OR "TF105") returns error.