Rally Software

• 1.  Are TimeEntryItem and TimeEntryValue available in Lookback API?

Posted Jan 07, 2016 06:30 PM
    We'd like to able to use Lookback API for reporting on timesheets related to projects, portfolio items, stories, etc. Are TimeEntryItem and TimeEntryValue snapshots being taken by the Lookback API?

• 2.  Re: Are TimeEntryItem and TimeEntryValue available in Lookback API?

Posted Jan 12, 2016 09:34 AM
    Herb,

The lookback API only supports work products to my knowledge. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Thanks,

David

• 3.  Re: Are TimeEntryItem and TimeEntryValue available in Lookback API?

Posted Jan 12, 2016 09:44 AM
    We need to do reporting and analysis on actual time entries on a monthly basis. Lookback API is generally faster at retrieving results so I was hoping to use it over the WSAPI. If these entities are not in Lookback we may need to do our own ETL from WSAPI and store it in a manner were we can do much faster retrievals and easily create complex queries.

• 4.  Re: Are TimeEntryItem and TimeEntryValue available in Lookback API?
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 12, 2016 11:50 AM
    If these entities are not in Lookback we may need to do our own ETL from WSAPI and store it in a manner were we can do much faster retrievals and easily create complex queries.

Yes this will most likely be your best option. I have found similar challenges with the performance of the timesheet data in custom reports and WSAPI. Good luck and I's be interested in what you go with as your final approach.

• 5.  Re: Are TimeEntryItem and TimeEntryValue available in Lookback API?

Posted Feb 03, 2016 10:42 AM
    Thanks. We've setup some simple scripts: one is a cronjob that extracts the timelogs and related content multiple times per day and stores it in one csv per month. Then some other scripts to display some simple timesheet and invoicing reports. We may end up using a reporting library at some point that can read the csvs. We're using the RallyRestToolkitForPHP with an additional function to get parent objects referenced in our main query. Works well enough for now.