AnsweredAssumed Answered

List of iterations missing "Theme"

Question asked by cc029c7b6e5bf26a434e0225b6397b8d on Apr 13, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 15, 2016 by EricNash

Currently our team has a custom page that is used for tracking the health of the current iteration - it looks for a number of fields missing from user stories, defects, and tasks that we consider indicators of problems to be resolved. The page has a series of "Custom List" apps with various queries. At the top it has a selector to choose the iteration you want to look at.

One thing we want to point out are any iterations that are missing fields like "Theme" and "Planned Velocity" (we have many projects with standardized iterations). The problem is that the iteration filter at the top of the page does not seem to apply to a Custom List app when the "Type" is set to Iteration. I would expect that I could just use the query:
((Theme = null) OR (PlannedVelocity = null))
but if I use this, I get any iteration that is missing either of these fields - not just iterations that correspond to the iteration chosen in the selector at the top of the page.

Currently the workaround I use is just by filtering by the start and end dates of iterations to get only the current ones:
(((StartDate <= TODAY) AND (EndDate >= TODAY)) AND ((Theme = null) OR (PlannedVelocity = null)))
but this always shows current iterations, and does not respond to the iteration selector.

Is there a way to create the type of grid I am looking for on a page with this iteration selector at the top? Let me know if you have any ideas, or if you need anything clarified.

Thanks!

Outcomes