DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  CA APM Integration with HP OMI

Posted Oct 17, 2016 04:06 AM

Hi All,

We are trying to integrate CA APM (Introscope) with HP OMI. We are facing certain issues while integrating.

Can anyone suggest if this integration is supported or not ?

Appreciate early response

Regards,

• 2.  Re: CA APM Integration with HP OMI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 17, 2016 08:41 AM

Hi Siddharth:

Since this appears to be about third-party integration, for the moment I made it into the discussion. Please describe how you are integrating the two solutions  -- (snmp traps for example) and the problems you are facing. Or are you trying to use an Agent to monitor HP OMI? And what business problem are you trying to solve

As you know, what is supported and what is technically possible may be different things. The Compatibility Guide and documents covers what is supported. If it is not there, then it is likely not to be supported

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: CA APM Integration with HP OMI

Posted Oct 18, 2016 01:23 AM

Thanks for the response Hal,

We are using 10.2 version on CA APM. I have configured SNMP traps, and traps are getting received on other side but there are certain issues on OMI console.

From all your responses, I believe that I am moving in right direction and it might be that issues are on OMI side...

Thanks a lot.!!! I will update you all once completed with my task,

Regards,

• 4.  Re: CA APM Integration with HP OMI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2016 07:02 AM

Dear Siddharth:

Thanks for the update. If you are receiving a trap from APM and it is in the correct format, then it sounds like APM is working as expected. We look forward to your updates and forthcoming success

Thanks

Hal German

• 5.  Re: CA APM Integration with HP OMI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 17, 2016 12:22 PM

Hiko_Davis CFAndrews Guenter_Grossberger wooan07 any experience with this combination?

HP Operations Manager - Wikipedia 

Thanks

Hal German

• 6.  Re: CA APM Integration with HP OMI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 17, 2016 01:24 PM

I haven't in a number of years, but it was always with OpenView or SiteScope.

• 7.  Re: CA APM Integration with HP OMI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 17, 2016 01:41 PM

This was part of the retired OpenView family. But like APM, there are a lot of products involved so hard to tell what type of integration is needed. Await details from Siddharth