DX NetOps

• 1.  When did Auto-discovery last happen on a device

Posted Oct 17, 2016 10:47 AM

Hello Spectrum experts,

How to find the time a device was last reconfigured / connection-discovered?

We want to periodically re-discover the model and connections to keep the devices up-to date in Spectrum.   But want to know, when it was last re-configured / discovered, before we do that.

I am trying to store this on a  USER_* / custom  attribute (on device), so that this detail is always on the device model.

Best option that I can think of till now is to periodically query the following events and update the custom attribute on the device model.

• Reconfigure Model         0x10150   Event : A reconfiguration of the device myDevice of type SwCiscoIOS has been completed successfully.
    • Discover Connections   0x25e0003   Event : Auto-discovery mapping process finished on model myDevice of type GnSNMPDev

Any better option / suggestions please?

Thanks

Ramanan

• 2.  Re: When did Auto-discovery last happen on a device

Posted Oct 18, 2016 08:11 AM

There is no attribute or other information in the Spectrum database that I am aware of where this is stored. The only place I know where to find it is the event.

Joe

• 3.  Re: When did Auto-discovery last happen on a device

Posted Oct 18, 2016 09:14 AM

Thanks Joe, for your input.   The associate events are '0x10150' & '0x25e0003'.  What are my options to write this detail (i.e. occurrence time) back onto the device model?

-Ramanan

• 4.  Re: When did Auto-discovery last happen on a device
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 18, 2016 09:24 AM

Use an Event Procedure to update the new attributes that you're defining. Once the event occurs, you update the attribute with the corresponding value. Here more information on the subject. Example here.

• 5.  Re: When did Auto-discovery last happen on a device

Posted Oct 18, 2016 09:38 AM

Agreed. An event procedure is the only way I can think to do it effectively.

Joe

• 6.  Re: When did Auto-discovery last happen on a device

Posted Oct 20, 2016 04:10 AM

Thanks Catalin, Joe.  I will try "Event Procedure" and will update this post.

-Ramanan

• 7.  Re: When did Auto-discovery last happen on a device

Posted Oct 20, 2016 09:08 AM

"Event Procedure" did help.  Thanks again.

-Ramanan