Release Automation

• 1.  API to read/document ASAP Comp/Process/Flows from different Envs RA 5.x,6.x

Posted Oct 17, 2016 01:58 PM

Looking for API to automate manual eyeball ASAP RA 5.x, 6.x Process/Flows which consists of subFlows /Process/ Actions.  Like to generate flow/seq/log to programatic parse/detect gaps in business logic for further development.  

Briefly looked at project export XML file, have high level artifacts similar to REST API output but still no subflows/Actions.

• 2.  Re: API to read/document ASAP Comp/Process/Flows from different Envs RA 5.x,6.x

Posted Oct 18, 2016 01:39 AM

hey, not sure if I'm getting your question, so I'm just asking:

your goal is to have something, that represents the process you did build in a manner, that you're able to parse it in a different tool, that analysis the flow you build?

first of all, why? aren't you better off just checking the process with your own eyes or is this something like an organisational issue, that you want to check designs others did build?

second, I don't think there is something like this at the moment, but might be in the future. CA is currently working on representing designs in a domain-specific language (DSL). (tagging you here Nofar, bluno01)

best regards

Michael

• 3.  Re: API to read/document ASAP Comp/Process/Flows from different Envs RA 5.x,6.x
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 18, 2016 10:14 AM

Hi, as Michael mentioned, this is currently not available in RA, but we are working on a DSL language for RA that would eventually support it. 

If you are interested in this project you're welcome to Help Shape the Future of CA RA and Continuous Delivery Director .

Regards,

Nofar Bluestein, 

RA Product Manager