Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

What is the difference between logging hours in "Timesheet" and entering hours in "Actual"? In our project we are not using "Timesheet" option, is there any configuration required to see "Timesheet" in menu?

• 1.  What is the difference between logging hours in "Timesheet" and entering hours in "Actual"? In our project we are not using "Timesheet" option, is there any configuration required to see "Timesheet" in menu?

Posted Oct 18, 2016 02:26 AM

In our project, we are entering hours in "Actual" for every Task.

But while i was browsing through, i learned about "Timesheet" for logging efforts.

How is it different than entering hours in "Actual"?

Is there any configuration required to see "Timesheet" in menu?

• 2.  Re: What is the difference between logging hours in "Timesheet" and entering hours in "Actual"? In our project we are not using "Timesheet" option, is there any configuration required to see "Timesheet" in menu?

Posted Oct 18, 2016 06:21 AM

Entering hours using Timesheet is like maintaining your time spent data against various tasks on day to day basis. These hours for a given task goes into a fields called "Time Spent" which is different from Actuals. This field is editable only from Timesheet module (i.e. can not be manually edited from task itself).

Using timesheet you can view and enter your week wise timesheet against applicable tasks, navigate backward to earlier weeks to view / update your timesheet data. You can also update Task Status and To Do from Timesheet itself.

Also, there are Timesheet reports which can be generated from Reports menu to view team members timesheet data for given date range and in given format as required.

Timesheet option is available inside the Home menu, I am not sure whether Workspace Admin need to enable or the process to enable this option.

• 3.  Re: What is the difference between logging hours in "Timesheet" and entering hours in "Actual"? In our project we are not using "Timesheet" option, is there any configuration required to see "Timesheet" in menu?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2016 06:36 AM

Hi,

The timesheet option is only available when the Time Tracker module is enabled for the workspace.

Whereas with Actuals you can only see, how much time has been spent on the task in general, there is a more detailed collection using timesheets. You can find out, who had spent how much time at what date on the task.

Please see Track and Report Billable Time | CA Agile Central Help  for more details. 

Hope this helps...