CA Client Automation

• 1.  ITCM agent is not registered on DSM

Posted Oct 18, 2016 06:29 AM

Hi,

I have installed lots of ITCM agent on a 64&32 bit windows systems but for last 2 systems it's not working. On user system agent are installed properly but on DSM console that hostname is not getting registered. I have checked caf ping, camping command from both side it's working fine. I used caf setserveraddress, caf register all in agent machine and it's done successfully, but still it is not registered on DSM. I also found below error in Software Catalog on agent machine.

"Computer not found"

There was a problem finding your machine (or you as a user) in the Software Catalog. It is likely that you are not recognised because your machine or user hasn't been registered with the Software Catalog yet. This could also happen if the computer has moved to another DSM Domain. In that case open a command prompt and run "caf register all" to register again. The problem occurred when trying to find the following object in the Software Catalog:<AgentMachineHostName>
    An error has occurred while opening the list of software available from the Software Catalog. This might happen if the Software Catalog is no longer active (perhaps undergoing maintenance) or there is heavy network congestion. Please try the same action again later to see if the problem persists.

In our environment we have only one DSM server, no other SS.

ITCM Version 12.9.0.338

Agent : CA DSM Agent + AM, RC, SD plugin(s) 12.9.0.338 Windows_x86 ENU

Thank you,

Paul

• 2.  Re: ITCM agent is not registered on DSM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2016 08:17 AM

Hi

Check your engine collect job

Until the engine has collected these agents they will not be created in the mdb.

regards

Rich

• 3.  Re: ITCM agent is not registered on DSM

Posted Oct 18, 2016 09:11 AM

Thanks for your kind reply Rich.

I have checked engine collection task under Domain>Control Panel>Engine>Engine Tasks>All Engine Tasks>Collection Task>System engine.

Looks like it's working fine.

• 4.  Re: ITCM agent is not registered on DSM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2016 10:29 AM

Hi Paul,

We could check this :

1-   On ITCM Agent machine in files DSM\logs\TRC_CF_REGISTER_*.log could you see a line like see :

141016-12:23:45.9491143L|001572|000007a0|cfRegister|cfRegister | |000000|NOTIFY | ITRMAgent::registerUnitFullAgent: Unit . registered!

or do you see an error message during registration of Unit . ?

2- Execute this command on DOMAIN :

cserver dump

and check in file DSM\ServerDB\common\master\hwdb.dump.txt if the missing hostname appears in the file.

3- Then check on DOMAIN if the missing hostname appears in files :

DSM\logs\systemengine*.log

Thanks.

Regards,

Jean-Yves

• 5.  Re: ITCM agent is not registered on DSM

Posted Nov 07, 2017 05:31 AM

dear GUIBLET

I have same problem in my CA ITCM application and I try the (1-   On ITCM Agent machine in files DSM\logs\TRC_CF_REGISTER_*.log could you see a line like see) it return error not (registered!)

and when i check the hwdb.dump.txt it show me all most of agent PC but i can't see it in the domain tree

can you advaice

thanks

mohammed subh