CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Is it possible to increase the size of the description field of an incident easily in SDM 14.1.2

• 1.  Is it possible to increase the size of the description field of an incident easily in SDM 14.1.2

Posted Oct 18, 2016 06:58 AM

I'm looking to increase the size of the description field of an incident. It is set to about 200 characters. Can this be increased easily?

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to increase the size of the description field of an incident easily in SDM 14.1.2
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 18, 2016 09:12 AM

Hi, the description has a 4000 character limit. I think you're asking if you can set the vertical height. The description field has a colspan and row attribute, changing the row attribute will increase / decrease the vertical height of a textbox. 

I suggest you familiarize yourself with web screen painter if you haven't already. 

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/building/building-ca-service-desk-manager/web-interface-modifications/how-to-modify-the-web-interface-using-web-screen-painter

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to increase the size of the description field of an incident easily in SDM 14.1.2

Posted Oct 20, 2016 04:05 AM

Great