Release Automation

• 1.  The installation failed to install the server Service. Please install manually by running nolio_server.sh install

Posted Oct 18, 2016 01:03 PM

Hi, I'm installing RA 6.2 on a Linux redhat server. I got the following error:

Is there any procedure to follow?

• 2.  Re: The installation failed to install the server Service. Please install manually by running nolio_server.sh install
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 18, 2016 01:51 PM

Did you run the installation with non root user?

If yes please check the following procedure:

The instructions locate in : Install for a Distributed Environment - CA Release Automation - 6.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: The installation failed to install the server Service. Please install manually by running nolio_server.sh install

Posted Oct 18, 2016 03:50 PM

Thanks Jacky, yes, it's a non root user.

The issue is repeated on executions servers and a new error is shown:

Is there any issue with this?

thanks for your help.

• 4.  Re: The installation failed to install the server Service. Please install manually by running nolio_server.sh install

Posted Oct 19, 2016 02:36 AM

I think it is the same issue.You can try install the watchdog service from <RASERVER_HOME>/watchdog_install_service.sh

I couldn't find the instructions in the documentations, Archer_Berryman I think this should be added to the installation guide. 

• 5.  Re: The installation failed to install the server Service. Please install manually by running nolio_server.sh install

Posted Oct 19, 2016 03:52 PM

Actions performed recommended by support: Thanks nelje05

Manager and Execution Servers:

1. Switch to installation directory
    2. Execute ./nolio_server.sh install as ‘root’ user
    3. Edit ./nolio_server.sh and define ‘RUN_AS_USER=xxxx’

4  Switch to agent installation directory
    5  As ‘root’ again, run: ./install_service_to_runlevels.sh ./conf/ nolioagent
    6 Then edit ‘conf/deployer_configuration.sh’ in agent dir, define RUN_AS_USER