AnsweredAssumed Answered

XPSDDInstall SmMaster.xdd

Question asked by dmt953 on Oct 18, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 20, 2016 by Ujwol Shrestha

We recently migrated/upgrade our policy server from r12.0 to r12.52 SP1 CR05 and all seemed to be going well. The only thing that we noticed which only happened in our production environment is that after we migrated all of the SAML Service Providers that we created in the r12.0 PS using the Legacy FSS UI, now if I use the r12.52 Legacy FSS UI, all the SAML Service Provider config looks exactly the same as it did before with the r12.0 but when I open these config up using the r12.52 Admin UI under the "Legacy Federation" I noticed that in the "Users" tab there are no users specified for access and also in the "Attribute" tab the attributes that is supposed to show up is not there either. I opened a case with CA and they asked me to run XPSSweeper and based on the result they think that this could be caused by the initial XPSDDInstall SmMaster.xdd that we did when initially installing the r12.52 policy server.

Bottom line is, CA support asked me to run XPSDDInstall SmMaster.xdd again in my production environment but I am afraid that this could possibly cause issues to the policy store or cause some kind of outage. The CA support person said that this "should not" cause any kind of outage or interruption to my production environment but I just want to get a second opinion.

Thanks in advance  

Outcomes