Clarity

• 1.  Why is GUI not displaying what is in the database

Posted Oct 19, 2016 08:02 AM

I have a process which copies the risk last_updated_by and last_updated_date to custom fields. After the process

has run both fields display the values in SQL developer, but in the GUI only the copy from last_updated_date is displayed while the field which should have the copy from last_updated_by is blank.

Why might that be and what to do about it?

• 2.  Re: Why is GUI not displaying what is in the database

Posted Oct 19, 2016 08:09 AM

Your "copy last updated by" field ; have you got a user-lookup associated with that in the GUI?

Theres no real reason why (for a custom field) a simple database field would not be displayed in the GUI, so my only thought would be that if the custom database value was a piece of text (eg. "Morton, David") and you had associated a user-lookup with the field in the GUI, then that would fail - since the lookup would be expecting the database value to be the numeric 5000123 id not the text.

• 3.  Re: Why is GUI not displaying what is in the database
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 19, 2016 08:18 AM

or the classic of using a resource lookup which uses srm_resources id instead of  user_id

• 4.  Re: Why is GUI not displaying what is in the database

Posted Oct 19, 2016 08:24 AM

Yeah that'd do it too ; depends whether the process-populated field copied across the text value of "last updated by" (in which case you don't want any lookup), or if it copies the underlying numeric value, then you need the right lookup.

• 5.  Re: Why is GUI not displaying what is in the database

Posted Oct 19, 2016 08:25 AM

Thanks guys.

Last_updated_by is numeric and has an ID in it.

So is the custom field. If I enter a value in the GUI to the custom field it is displayed in the db.

The same is working for issues and Change requests.

• 6.  Re: Why is GUI not displaying what is in the database

Posted Oct 19, 2016 08:36 AM

If there is no lookup associated with your custom field then I have no explanation (you have not confirmed whether one is or isn't).

• 7.  Re: Why is GUI not displaying what is in the database

Posted Oct 19, 2016 08:55 AM

Thank you guys. The lookup was Resource Browse and and not User Browse as with Issue and CR.

It does not even display anything when browsing for default.

Will try to create the attribute.

• 8.  Re: Why is GUI not displaying what is in the database

Posted Oct 19, 2016 08:58 AM

Catches us all at some point

Wish it was consistent!