Clarity

• 1.  15.1 - Problems with NUE in IE 11?

Posted Oct 19, 2016 11:20 AM
      |   view attached

Has anyone experienced any issues running Internet Explorer 11 (11.0.9600 to be exact) with the New User Experience?

For everyone in  our organization, it will not load. PPM Classic loads just fine. But when we try to load the new user experience page, we get a blank tab with a banner across the top and nothing ever loads. CA Support and other outside parties cannot reproduce, and have determined this to be *SOMETHING* in our browser settings (or policy pushed out by our platforms teams). But no one here or at CA support has been able to determine any possible setting which could affect this behavior. We've tried all the obvious things like Enterprise Compatibility mode and things like that.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. See screenshot attached for example.

• 2.  Re: 15.1 - Problems with NUE in IE 11?

Posted Oct 19, 2016 12:49 PM

Hi Matthew,

So i'll start that IE11 (11.0.9600) works with the PM new UX if in edge mode. (see screenshot below)

I was able to replicate this problem if the URL is running in enterprise mode, since put simply the emulated version doesn't have support for the code used. (note: confusungly ie11 compatibility settings are different to enterprise mode)

I would start by pulling the location of the enterprise site list and then reviewing the xml in that list for your site. 

Location found in the registry editor:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\EnterpriseMode.

If on premise there is a fix for this, but I think CA will be annoyed if I post it here