CA Service Management

• 1.  Trying to use Maileater to create Request tickets

Posted Oct 19, 2016 12:10 PM

While trying to use Maileater to create request tickets, I noticed that it creates the tickets with the 'call origin' field defaulted to "Event Monitoring".  Is there a tag to change this to "Email" when the ticket is created? 

Here is what I am using:

%requester= smithj

%customer= smithj 

%category=Triage

%group=PC HD 

%priority=4

%status=Open

%urgency=4

%impact=4

%summary=Computer # 11111 will not boot

%description=Computer will not boot; message "No Operating system found"

• 2.  Re: Trying to use Maileater to create Request tickets

Posted Oct 19, 2016 01:48 PM

Hi Dwight,

Is "call origin" a custom field that you added?    If so, do you have the field defaulting to a certain value when its blank?

Jon

• 3.  Re: Trying to use Maileater to create Request tickets

Posted Oct 19, 2016 02:36 PM

Thanks Jon,

Didn't even think to ask the administrator if the field was custom!  Yes, I believe you are correct. the default value is set to blank and it is a required field.  When we manually create tickets, we have to choose from a drop-down list but when I use maileater to create a ticket it automatically creates the ticket with one of those choices (of course not the one I want).  Sounds like I may need to get with the SDM Admin to default values. Thanks.

Dwight

• 4.  Re: Trying to use Maileater to create Request tickets
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 19, 2016 03:50 PM

Welcome   Glad i could help.  Most likely you have a data partition constraint that sets a default value, OR you have a default value set at the DB site "on new" rows being added.

Thanks,
    Jon

• 5.  Re: Trying to use Maileater to create Request tickets

Posted Oct 19, 2016 04:33 PM

You and your SDM Admin may also want to look at the text_api.cfg file (in $NX_ROOT\site\) particularly the [EMAIL_DEFAULTS] section.

• 6.  Re: Trying to use Maileater to create Request tickets

Posted Oct 20, 2016 08:17 AM

Thank you all for making an SDM n00b like myself feel welcomed!