Plex 2E

• 1.  CA Plex 7.2 MSBuild Problem with AxImp:assembly built by newer runtime

Posted Oct 20, 2016 03:11 AM

CA Plex 7.2 MSBuild Problem with AxImp:assembly built by newer runtime for e.g.Interop.ComctlLib.dll , Interop.MSComctlLib.dll. 

I wanted to make a simple test of a function with a TreeView: 

e.g. Test Functions.TestTreeView is-a UISTYLE/ShowTree

On MSBuild I keep receiving errors like the following errors: 

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\AxImp.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\COMCTL32.OCX /out:obj\Release\AxInterop.ComctlLib.dll /rcw:obj\Release\Interop.ComctlLib.dll
    AXIMP : AxImp error : The assembly 'C:\Appls\TSTWCICE72\Gen\Src\obj\Release\Interop.ComctlLib.dll' failed to load with this error: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Appls\TSTWCICE72\Gen\Src\obj\Release\Interop.ComctlLib.dll' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.. [C:\Appls\TSTWCICE72\Gen\Src\TWICE72N.csproj]

Why is this happening ?

I attach the related MSBuild log as a .txt and also some images from windows explorer related searches.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

N.Mavroeidis

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: CA Plex 7.2 MSBuild Problem with AxImp:assembly built by newer runtime
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 20, 2016 03:53 PM

one of the warnings is warning MSB3106  which might not like the 3 spaces in the path "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\CA\Plex\7.2\class720\PatternLibs" 

I cannot recreate your issue but c# - Even after running Regsvr32, I get aximp error - Stack Overflow  looks the most likely solution/cause/help

• 3.  Re: CA Plex 7.2 MSBuild Problem with AxImp:assembly built by newer runtime

Posted Oct 22, 2016 02:28 AM

George,  Thank you for the idea, I will try to check this out, 

but I am running this test in an old Win Xp sp3 32bit machine. 

I will check the spaces thing in the path, but msbuilt is 

complaining for a 'newer' .net runtime and not for a different architecture 

which I can not have on this 32bit machine anyway. 

I will try to check it out when I have some idle time and 

I will post my findings. 

Kind regards, 

N.Mavroeidis