DX NetOps

• 1.  Bandwidth Monitoring -Spectrum

Posted Oct 20, 2016 03:39 AM

How to monitor interface  bandwidth utilization for Cisco routers in CA Spectrum.Please help.

• 2.  Re: Bandwidth Monitoring -Spectrum
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 20, 2016 06:57 AM

This can be done on a per model basis in the Thresholds and Watches subview of the individual interface model:

It can also be done in bulk using the Attribute editor:

Joe

• 3.  Re: Bandwidth Monitoring -Spectrum

Posted Oct 24, 2016 01:13 PM

Thanks Joseph, Whether we can get historical data for this in info view?

• 4.  Re: Bandwidth Monitoring -Spectrum

Posted Oct 24, 2016 01:30 PM

No. You don't get history with this view. In this view you can only set some threshold that should generate alarms, whenever the interfaces go over the specified values. Keep in mind, that this is a simple threshold, no advanced stuff that you could get out of CA Performance Management or CA eHealth.

Basically if you want history you'd have to use one of the above mentioned (CA PM, CA eHealth, if still sold by CA). That or either Unified Infrastructure Management with the Network Advanced Pack.

There used to be, sometime a go a piece of software that was called Spectrum Report Gateway. It used SSLoger. This could have helped you obtained history within SPECTRUM. I got discontinued years ago. Maybe if you find it, you'll still be able to use it. I'm curious if it will still work on 10.0.

• 5.  Re: Bandwidth Monitoring -Spectrum

Posted Oct 24, 2016 01:37 PM

Thanks, currently i am monitoring using ehealth ,just want to confirm whether spectrum does ,since the altering will be faster in Spectrum compared to ehealth.

• 6.  Re: Bandwidth Monitoring -Spectrum

Posted Oct 24, 2016 01:49 PM

I'm assuming that you're using Live Exceptions for this. What is it that you're find it hard to configure in eHealth?

• 7.  Re: Bandwidth Monitoring -Spectrum

Posted Oct 24, 2016 01:54 PM

Yes ,configuration is not hard ,but in live exceptions sometimes SNMP traps are not coming to respective Specto server.

• 8.  Re: Bandwidth Monitoring -Spectrum

Posted Sep 12, 2017 06:49 AM

One of the Best Bandwidth Monitoring Tools which I know are

1. BitMeter OS
    2. FreeMeter Bandwidth Monitor
    3. ShaPlus Bandwidth Meter
    4. BandwidthD
    5. PRTG Bandwidth Monitor

source:- http://merabheja.com/bandwidth-monitoring-tools/