Clarity

• 1.  Automated email URL

Posted Oct 20, 2016 09:26 AM

Hi All,

In our Clarity application version 7.5.3, in project allocation automated email we are receiving wrong URL. When we are clicking on the URL its going nowhere. I know that we need to change the Http Entry URL in NSA with load balancer URL so that, in automated email we will get load balancer URL not the IP based URL. Now my question is, if we change that is it going to create problem in our XOG service or this Http Entry URL has nothing to do with XOG service at all? We do XOGin using this application and port only.

Thanks,

Aradhana 

• 2.  Re: Automated email URL

Posted Oct 20, 2016 09:41 AM

Hi Aradhana.santra

Yes, I believe that will effect the XOG Services and you might run into some issues. What you need to do is mention the Server name where the NSA is installed. Mentioning the Load Balancer URL might not help you. 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 3.  Re: Automated email URL

Posted Oct 21, 2016 03:34 AM

We do XOGin using this application and port only.

If you mean that you explicitly use the address (not the load balancer address) in your XOG call then I think you are just fine to change the NSA setting - explicitly directing XOG to an IP/name and port would not be looking at any settings in the NSA.

(at v7.5.3 we could not even use the "internal" connection in processes that were calling XOG to short-cut that XOG address ; if I remember rightly that did not come in until 8.x)