Posted Oct 21, 2016 10:00 AM

Hello I have three jobs 

JOB: A

JOB: B

JOB: C

JOB: A runs first at 1:00 

if JOB: A is successful JOB: B runs at 1: 15

if both JOB: A and JOB: B are successful JOB: C runs at 1: 30

So my questions are if the jobs are designed to run as above how do I make is so the jobs only run on those time for example if JOB: A fails JOB: B and JOB: C both do not run which is good, however, when 1:00 come around again 

JOB: A runs and when it is successful JOB: B and JOB: C run immediately. 

How do I make it so that JOB: B and JOB: C only run on the scheduled times regardless of a  fail in the previous run and not immediately upon JOB: A's next success if previous run was a fail. 

• 2.  Re: AutoSys Dependencies and Scheduling

Posted Oct 21, 2016 10:03 AM

Why do these look like cron jobs?

Why not just use dependencies?

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 3.  Re: AutoSys Dependencies and Scheduling

Posted Oct 21, 2016 10:09 AM

These jobs currently use dependencies of success one can not run without the success of the other besides JOB A has no dependencies the job will just run on specified time. 

I need the jobs to start on those specific times even if JOB A or JOB B failed in a previous run. Because currently when JOB A or JOB B fail JOB B and JOB C will run immediately after their success when I only want them to ever run at their specified times. 

• 4.  Re: AutoSys Dependencies and Scheduling

Posted Oct 21, 2016 10:12 AM

Then use the time and d() for done… if you do not care success or fail etc.

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 5.  Re: AutoSys Dependencies and Scheduling

Posted Oct 21, 2016 10:16 AM

Because success and failure do matter JOB B should not run without success of JOB A but JOB B should also never run unless it is the specified time. 

• 6.  Re: AutoSys Dependencies and Scheduling

Posted Oct 21, 2016 10:21 AM

Time is always a strong dependency

Steve C.

• 7.  Re: AutoSys Dependencies and Scheduling

Posted Oct 21, 2016 10:28 AM

Put the jobs in a box.  When the box starts with Job A, JobB and JobC are set to Activated and await the success of JobA to begin their processing.

• 8.  Re: AutoSys Dependencies and Scheduling

Posted Oct 21, 2016 10:34 AM

Oh and following your other question about box logic.....

Make sure to terminate containing box on job failure and terminate on failure of containing box.