CA Service Management

• 1.  BOXI - report on a character string in the middle

Posted Oct 21, 2016 10:06 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm needing to pull a character string from a activity log in SDM into a BOXI report, but that characters string in in the middle of the string as shown on the screen print below:

The string I need to pull into the report is after the first colon : PFG-DHFNS Support Europe, I tried to find out what the length of that string is, but I get a #multivalue message, which I think is because the entry has 3 lines. Is there a way I can pull in just that portion of that string?

Thanks,

Joyce Lilie

• 2.  Re: BOXI - report on a character string in the middle

Posted Oct 21, 2016 05:01 PM

i am not quite certain what you want to achieve here.

but looking for : u gotta use.. POS function 

=If Pos([Query 5].[Text];":")>0 Then Substr([Query 5].[Text];Pos([Query 5].[Text];":");Length([Query 5].[Text])) Else "Miscellaneous"

• 3.  Re: BOXI - report on a character string in the middle

Posted Oct 25, 2016 02:27 PM

Hi Sudip,

Thanks for responding.

What I'm trying to capture is the string after the first : (PFG-DHFNS Support Europe) in the example above.  I create the variable as you suggested: =If Pos([Description]; ":")>0 Then Substr([Description];Pos([Description];":");Length([Description])) Else "No Routing Group" but the results I get is the #multivalue error:

Thanks,

Joyce Lilie

• 4.  Re: BOXI - report on a character string in the middle

Posted Oct 25, 2016 02:57 PM

2 ways..

first use keyword like In Body so that column's formula is going to be..

=[Length Description] In Body

there are some other keywords too In Block, In Section, In Report.. one of them should sort this out

or second.. convert that table into crosstab  

• 5.  Re: BOXI - report on a character string in the middle

Posted Oct 25, 2016 02:58 PM

=If Pos([Description] In Body; ":")>0 Then Substr([Description] In Body;Pos([Description] In Body;":");Length([Description] In Body)) Else "No Routing Group"

this is working

• 6.  Re: BOXI - report on a character string in the middle

Posted Oct 25, 2016 03:27 PM

Hi,

I changed the variable to this: =If Match([Description]; "*Routing Group SLA Warned:*") Then Right([Description] In Body ;(Length([Description]) In Body -Pos([Description] In Body ;":"))) using the In Body keyword and here's the results:

If I use In Section or In Block, I just get the #Multivalue error on all entries.

Is there way to just capture the text between the first : and the 2nd line? The example above I would just want to show "Performance Monitoring and Diagnostics-International" and not any of the remaining text?

How can I modify the variable shown above to do that?

Thanks,

Joyce

• 7.  Re: BOXI - report on a character string in the middle

Posted Oct 25, 2016 03:38 PM

how many custom variables or dimensions do you have on that report? I would say use the In Body keyword next all the custom variables see if that resolves the issue..

and there is an enhancement request opened with SAP since 2013 to modify that POS function to take 3 parameters: string, pattern, occurrence but we don't have that yet. so you gotta have an another variable to count the number of occurrences of ":" sorry about that..

• 8.  Re: BOXI - report on a character string in the middle

Posted Oct 25, 2016 03:42 PM

Right now there are 8 variables being used in this report.