We are in planning phase of Clarity upgrade from 12.1.3 ->14.4. Our current environment is--
Application servers OS-> Windows 2008 R2
DB server ->SQL Server 2008 R2. We have Physical DB server for production and QA environment.
I have noticed from 14.2 on-wards CA is supporting virtualization architecture for DB too.
I would like to know the details on following points for Clarity 14.4 upgrade.
1) Does CA supports SQL 2014 on Windows 2008 R2 for the CA PPM v14.4 version
2) Does CA supports SQL 2014 on Windows 2008 R2, with all application servers on Windows 2012 for the CA PPM v14.4 version
3) Does CA supports SQL 2014 on Windows 2012 R2 Virtual DB server
4) Does CA supports SQL 2014 on Windows 2008 R2 Virtual DB server
5) How many customers are having production environment with VM DB server and how is performance?
6) What is the main reason of allowing Virtual DB server after CA PPM 14.2 however the initial draft of 14.3 version says production database server is not supported on software virtualized operating systems.
Thanks in advance.
Have a nice weekend!