CA Service Management

• 1.  Out of Office email - Maileater

Posted Oct 24, 2016 07:37 AM

Hi,

My client wants the out of office emails to get logged in the ticket as a log comment, can you suggest how we can address this.

Ex: When analyst send out a manual notification and user as default response, that response should be captured either as a log comment or attachment for the same ticket.

SDM R14.1

/Sharath

• 2.  Re: Out of Office email - Maileater

Posted Oct 24, 2016 04:01 PM

sharamateti

Please refer to this section:

How to Configure the Mailbox to Handle Inbound Emails - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

You need to create a rule to Update Object and then select the type of ticket (Incident, Request, etc).  You will need a rule for each ticket type for which you are sending outbound notifications.

Some important notes:

1.  The Update Object rules need to come before any Create/Update rules or you run the risk of creating new tickets instead of updating.

2. You must know the format of the automatic reply from the user and it must include the ticket number in the subject line, else the system won't know which ticket to update.  For example, the subject might always start with "Automatic Reply: Re:  Request xxxxxxx".  In this case, the rule might include "^Automatic Reply: Re:  Request{{object_id}}[ /t/n/r]"

Your mail system may use "Automatic Reply" format, say for MS Exchange, however, users of Outlook can also create client side rules to automatically reply and these may not be in the format you are testing. 

3. Test your rules, especially if you are already notifying the user for every Log Comment, else you run the risk of unnecessary notifications, which leads to this last note below.

4. Your email administrator should be sure to set that Automatic Replies are delivered only once per recipient; else you run the risk of creating an infinite loop of comments and notifications if item 3 above is in place.

Please do some searching on the Communities as I know there are some others who have written mailbox rules.

Regards,

J.W.

• 3.  Re: Out of Office email - Maileater

Posted Nov 10, 2016 05:53 AM

J_W

I have set the rule with filter subject contains, but I dint see the mail eater picking the email and reading.

The subject looks like this Automatic reply: Incident IN910271 Manual Notify 

To update is it not required to get the body of the email contains %REQUEST_ID=IN910271. And since its not a out of office email, it doesn't have the email body content which sent from servicedesk outbound email.

thanks in advance.

sharath

• 4.  Re: Out of Office email - Maileater

Posted Nov 10, 2016 09:54 AM

If you are filtering on the subject then your rule should resemble:  ^Automatic reply: Incident {{object_id}}[ /t/n/r]

Also, If you are using Requests, then you will need another rule:  ^Automatic reply: Request {{object_id}}[ /t/n/r]

How is the object_id being placed in the body?  You say that the auto reply will not contain the body of the outbound SDM message.

If the body of the reply email contains the object_id then you can also test filtering on the 'Body', or 'Subject or Body' from the filter list.

J.W.

• 5.  Re: Out of Office email - Maileater

Posted Nov 10, 2016 10:03 AM

J_W

I have filtered the subject exactly like ^Automatic reply: Incident {{object_id}}[ /t/n/r] 

And i send a email with the subject Automatic reply: Incident IN910347

Logs in trace mode shows...

Checking message subject for filter pattern "^Automatic reply: Incident {{object_id}}[ /t/n/r]".
    Checking case-insensitive...
    Regex filter contains no backslashes to mutate.
    Filter contains an Artifact ID Placeholder.
    Artifact Minimum Security Level 0. Checking for Artifact with Security Level0...
    Checking for filter keyphrase match at Start of Field...
    Filter match Not Found. Passing to next Filter.

• 6.  Re: Out of Office email - Maileater

Posted Nov 10, 2016 12:42 PM

It is working on my test system.  Trying replacing the Start of Field symbol - the ^ with the Any Character - a single period .

Or even no REGEX delimited at all.

Since you are receiving the message, I assume you are allowing the inbox to receive the Automatic Reply every time and not limiting it to the first one only?  I forgot that is is a common Automatic Reply rule that some mail servers have on by default.  I was looking over my notes and realized the logic issue in my first post.  The setting has to be to reply once per message not per sender.  Otherwise, if the customer has multiple tickets open and more than one is sent an update email, then only the first Automatic Reply for the first ticket would be processed to update a ticket.  The remainder would not be sent to the inbox.

J.W.

• 7.  Re: Out of Office email - Maileater

Posted Nov 11, 2016 05:35 AM

J_W

We have limit only to have the email sent once for out of office mail.

Im really curious, will this work, since the rule is matching and then its trying to read the body of the email for artifacts and it will not find any thing since the out of office email will contain that user is away and will be back on so and so date.

Its only the subject will have the ticket number.

If this is working, i would really appreciate you attach the email that read by mail eater and update the ticket is service desk. Please also attach the rule for it.

sorry to bother you much

.sharath