CA Service Management

• 1.  Minimum Search Character Attribute Value

Posted Oct 24, 2016 10:30 AM

Hello Guys,

I want to know the Minimum Search Character default value for Service Catalog form designer -Attribute(dropdown) Properties. I know if I set it as 3, the search will start work after I typed 3 characters. But my question  is, if I left the filed blank, will it work at all? If yes then what is the default value in r12.8 version of Catalog?

Thanks

ArunavaS

• 2.  Re: Minimum Search Character Attribute Value

Posted Oct 24, 2016 05:29 PM

In running a few quick tests it looks like minimum search characters is 4 when left blank as long as you are passing _val to the report/plug-in variable attribute of the select field as in step 4 within the following:

Use JavaScript Functions in Fields - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Minimum Search Character Attribute Value

Posted Oct 25, 2016 04:59 AM

Hey Jason,

Thanks for the confirmation on default search criteria. My question was for r12.8 version. I think your test was for r14.1 version. Will it be possible for you to give me the same information regarding r12.8 and that will be a great help.

Thanks

ArunavaS

• 4.  Re: Minimum Search Character Attribute Value

Posted Oct 25, 2016 10:52 AM

I just verified it is the same in 12.8; default is 4 characters to search or 1 character if 'Eager' attribute is enabled on the select field.