Rally Software

• 1.  Can't Find "not accepted" on Velocity Chart

Posted Oct 24, 2016 02:02 PM

I would like to see the user story(s)/defect(s) that have not been accepted according to our Velocity Chart.  I have searched through every filter, page, etc and cannot locate the additional 6 points from our last iteration.  I did find 5 points from a defect that was pushed to the next iteration due to a roadblock, but still can't find the last 6 points.  This is extremely frustrating and we need to see what stories/defects are lagging from the last iteration.  Again, I can't find these stories/defects anywhere, which makes me wonder...are they even there?

The report clearly states no stories, tasks, or defects are left open, yet 6 points still have not been accepted.

please help...

• 2.  Re: Can't Find "not accepted" on Velocity Chart
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 25, 2016 08:04 AM

Neal, the "Open Stories, Defects and Tasks" app is user-scoped so it only shows items where you're the owner. The most likely cause that I can think of is a story or defect that's unassigned or assigned to another owner. A more practical way to look for the offending item would be just to filter a custom list (stories and defects separately) on the project and iteration in question and where Schedule State != Accepted. An incomplete task won't affect this. Hope that helps.

• 3.  Re: Can't Find "not accepted" on Velocity Chart

Posted Oct 25, 2016 10:18 AM

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the help!  That pointed me in the right direction and I ended up finding the option to break down the report by iteration and then by work item.  That gave me the exact user story id I needed and it's fixed!

Cheers!

Neal