Rally Software

• 1.  Unblocking a user story

Posted Oct 25, 2016 04:40 AM

Hello guys! Can you please help me with the following. One qa engineer asked me to help in unblocking a user story that he blocked some  time ago. We thought it is a case of insufficient access credentials, but not. When I try (or he does the same it doesn't matter) to unblock a user story, there is no possibility to do so, mouse doesn't change cursor as usually and clicking on the unblock icon does nothing. It looks like it is inactive. How it can be solved? Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Unblocking a user story

Posted Oct 25, 2016 07:49 AM

If you're looking at the story on the full detail page then the story in question probably has a blocked child story. You can't unblock a parent directly, you have to unblock the children. In a Custom List or other apps you'll actually get an error message to this effect but the full detail page actually doesn't even let you click the icon. Hope that helps.

• 3.  Re: Unblocking a user story

Posted Oct 25, 2016 09:27 AM

Hi Eric, thank you for your attention to the issue. No, you are not right in this case. At least this situation is not quite the same as one that you described.

What I've found during my investigation :

- Let me call the currently blocked US as "B" (blocked).

- There is another story that I can call "C" (child-now).

- Story "C" was blocked some time ago.

- After that "C" was assigned as a child for "B" (probably at this point "B" become blocked too?? I'm not sure)

- Then "C" was unblocked, and now it is unblocked.

- "B" is still blocked.

So, probably "B" is not unblocked after "C" was unblocked because there was not parent-child relation between C and B when C was blocked.

That is. It would be great if you let me know how to resolve this.

Let me know if I should file a bug for the issue and please let me know how I can prioritize it? How to raise a ticket ?

• 4.  Re: Unblocking a user story

Posted Oct 25, 2016 09:38 AM

Dmitry, I definitely don't get any such results in my subscription so you'll probably want to raise a support case. I'm another subscription admin, not a CA employee so you should go to Contact CA Support - CA Technologies  to raise your case. 

• 5.  Re: Unblocking a user story

Posted Oct 25, 2016 09:50 AM

Thanks EricNash! Here's the link, just in case DmitryFrolov1352251Contact CA Support - CA Technologies