DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  CEM plugin to get response body

Posted Oct 25, 2016 10:11 AM

Hello,

In CEM I want to create transactions based on the response body value. So for example, if in response body value there is an "Ok" message, it will become transaction A, and if the value is "Error", it will become transaction B.

In CEM recording and Automatic transaction discovery, I couldn't find the response body value. Can I use the CEM plugin to get the response body value? Is there any sample code of HTTP Plugin with Response Body?

Regards,

Yan

JMertin shuwe01

• 2.  Re: CEM plugin to get response body

Posted Oct 25, 2016 05:24 PM

Yan, you may try to use CEM plugin to achieve this objective:

HTTP analyzer plug-in overview - CA Application Performance Management - 9.6 - CA Technologies Documentation 

TIM does call this method that you may be able to make use of:

• responseBody -- called one or more times if the response has a body

Francis

• 3.  Re: CEM plugin to get response body

Posted Oct 25, 2016 11:19 PM

Hi Francis,

Do you have sample code for plugin that get the response body value?

Regards,

Yan

• 4.  Re: CEM plugin to get response body

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 25, 2016 11:56 PM

See this existing Community document from Guenter_Grossberger

How to write a CEM HTTP Analyzer Plugin 

Hope that helps

Regards,

Lynn

• 5.  Re: CEM plugin to get response body

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 25, 2016 05:43 PM

The thing with the response based transaction is that you have one first request-based transaction (Detected or Manually added), and from this transaction only you can create response based transactions. No automation here.

Means that you have By example: Login (As request based Transaction), and from there (once promoted), you can create 2 new response based transactions manually, the one identifying login failed because there is a error message showing up , and one successful login.

That's how it works.

Note - do no disable the request based transaction. If you do that, no response based transaction can be found.

• 6.  Re: CEM plugin to get response body
    Best Answer

• 7.  Re: CEM plugin to get response body

Posted Oct 25, 2016 11:18 PM

Hi Joerg,

Yes, I already tried to create Response based transaction. But in the transaction itself, I didn't find the response body field, I only found the response header field. To create the different transaction, I need to get the value from the response body.

So capturing the response body in Automatic Transaction Discovery and CEM Recording is not supported out of the box right? Can we use the CEM plugin for that? Do you have sample code for plugin that get the response body?

Regards,

Yan

• 8.  Re: CEM plugin to get response body

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2016 08:42 AM

Hi:

Maybe using the Recording Sessions Tab or Script Recorder will allow you to create a define with a Response Body and a plugin may not be needed. 

If you are going the Plugin route, some excellent pointers have been provided. 

Please let us know how you wish to proceed on this thread

Thanks

Hal German

• 9.  Re: CEM plugin to get response body

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2016 09:10 AM

> Can I use the CEM plugin to get the response body value? Is there any sample code of HTTP Plugin with Response Body?

In relooking at the original question. Both of these have been provided responses with useful links. 

If you are unable to capture the response body in the advanced recording or script recorder, then please proceed the http plugin approach

Marking as answered since the original question was covered and we are now getting into specifics. You may ask follow-up questions if required.

Please let us know if the links and information provided was helpful, 

• 10.  Re: CEM plugin to get response body

Posted Oct 26, 2016 11:07 PM

Hi Hal,

Before I proceed to create the CEM plugin for response body, I want to make sure first if TIM already capture the response body. How to check it? I'm using MTP TIM.

Regards,

Yan