DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Metric Result Processing Time

Posted Oct 25, 2016 09:30 AM
      |   view attached

Hi! I am creating a new dashboard and need to put the metric Result Processing Time, as the image below shows she is not present. How can I enable this metric Result Processing Time

Att

• 2.  Re: Metric Result Processing Time

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 25, 2016 09:33 AM

Your ART metric is your round trip response time. Is this what you want?

• 3.  Re: Metric Result Processing Time

Posted Oct 25, 2016 10:21 AM

I thought I had a difference, because in some cases we have the Metric Result Processing Time and others have not .. which caused me doubt ..

• 4.  Re: Metric Result Processing Time

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2016 08:02 AM

Hi Olivia:

It appears that Matt has answered this question and there are no follow questions. So marking as answered

You may discuss this metric further if needed but it appears the answer provided is sufficient

Thanks

Hal German

• 5.  Re: Metric Result Processing Time
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 25, 2016 09:46 AM

The ART (Average Response Time) and ARPT (Average Result Processing Time) are two different metrics.

The Average Result Processing Time is a metric that is generated by the instrumentation on the Close method of a System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader object.  The SQL node not having this metric is most likely from an SQL statement not having returned a data set or a result set that was processed via a data reader and/or has not triggered the Close method on a System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader object.

If an SQL statement is executed by an SQL method that is not returning a data set such as ExecuteNonQuery(), then it will not trigger the processing and closing of a data reader object.

However, a workaround to enable the ARPT metric for the above statement would need an engagement with CA Services to assist in examining those statements in more detail to see if they can come up with a new tracer to give an ARPT equivalent type metric.

• 6.  Re: Metric Result Processing Time

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 25, 2016 09:48 AM

I apparently need more coffee before responding to messages today. ;-)

• 7.  Re: Metric Result Processing Time

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 25, 2016 09:51 AM

You want to supersize that coffee?  

• 8.  Re: Metric Result Processing Time

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 25, 2016 09:52 AM

nice