Clarity

• 1.  Process issue

Posted Oct 26, 2016 09:23 AM

Hi, We have created a process that sends email notification to the PM when there is a change in Project Finish date.

Process successfully starts for the below scenario.

- Finish date is updated manually
    - Finish date is updated when allocation date is extended
    - Finish date is updated when Finish date is extended on a task created already.

However, process does not start when a task is created with task finish date greater than project finish date.

Anybody faced similar issue? any workaround?

Regards,

Jana

• 2.  Re: Process issue

Posted Oct 26, 2016 01:09 PM

I would report this as an issue.  I suspect an event for the situation you describe should have been created as it does for the other situations, so if it isn't, it may be something that needs to be fixed.

Until then I guess you would need to run some sort of periodic check for these exceptions/anomalies so they can be dealt with (a non-object process that is scheduled as a recurring job that has a GEL script to query for exceptions).  How you then resolve the exceptions (i.e. launch another process/subprocess, perform a project XOG to re-write the finish and force an update, or just directly takes the action to notify people itself, etc.) will be up to what works for you and is something you can implement.