IT Process Automation

• 1.  Target Active Directory from ITPAM

Posted Oct 26, 2016 03:57 AM

How to target different domains in Active Directory from ITPAM? Is it mandatory to install agent to target active directory? If each domain contains more over 1000 hosts means, how to execute process on each host. Or else any other possible solution available.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Priya

• 2.  Re: Target Active Directory from ITPAM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2016 09:37 AM

Can you please clarify what you mean by targeting different domains in Active Directory?   Do you need to allow access into process automation from different directories?   If so please setup EEM to use Multiple AD; Reference Global Users from Multiple ADs

Getting a part of a process instance to run on multiple different servers across your domain can be accomplished in a variety of ways depending on what actions you need taken, from using the simple file operators and a shared drives, ftp operators, through having an agent installed on each system. 

What actions do you need to take on these 1000 servers?

• 3.  Re: Target Active Directory from ITPAM

Posted Oct 26, 2016 10:23 AM

ITPAM_Agent Installation Issue for AD_DomainHello Michael,

I have varies three active directory domains in my environment which is not related to each other. I need to install itpam agent in three different domain. But ITPAM Installed in one domain named X here. Each domain group contains around some host counts. I need to perform some actions in the specific hosts in domain. This is my scenario. 

I have tried to install itpam agent from X domain(ITPAM Installed) to Y domain. PFA.

Regards,

Priya

• 4.  Re: Target Active Directory from ITPAM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2016 01:10 PM

This is most likely due to the server within Domain Y, where you want to install an Agent, not having access to the Orchestrator server in Domain X.

To install an agent you first have to open a browser on the future agent server, access Process Automation GUI, and from the Installation palette on the Configuration tab, select Install Agent and allow the agent to be downloaded from the orchestrator server.  

Does this work?   I am guessing that you have attempted to install the agent directly on the server as the Domain URL value should have been copied from the Orchestrator and pre-populated:

Can you please attempt to install from the browser Install?  

• 5.  Re: Target Active Directory from ITPAM

Posted Jan 11, 2017 01:44 PM

HI Priya, 

I see you are trying to communicate to Orchestrator in using hostname URL, probably Domain B is not able to do DNS resolve. Try using the ip of the orchestrator for URL or try making a host file entry 

• 6.  Re: Target Active Directory from ITPAM

Posted Jan 11, 2017 01:26 PM

Hi Priya,

Did the answer of browser based installation worked in your scenario. An alternative approach, what I think, can be to install ITPAM agent in another domain (say domain B) using that B domain's service account.