DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Different time in alerts in different hubs.

Posted Oct 26, 2016 05:01 AM

Hi Guys,

I just noticed that in remote hub time zone is different and in primary hub time zone is different for alerts showing in nimsoft UIM console. All the agents are reporting to remote hub and then through tunel and queues the data is going to primary hub. I afraid if there could be any kind of problem just because of the different time zones.

Can we segregate the time zones of all the hubs? Will there be any issue if i change the time zone or don't change.

Thanks,

Imran Khan

• 2.  Re: Different time in alerts in different hubs.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2016 09:00 AM

HI,

So the alarm times are set on the robot where the alarm was generated.

The alarms times are not touched when transferred to the robot to the hub or between hubs.

Having hubs in different time zones should not affect anything in the system many clients have this setup.

We do expect that the primary UIM, UMP and SQL server server all be on the same time zones or you might see some odd times.

The actual time regardless of time zone should be synced to an internet time source to keep all systems in sync but setting the local time zone for the area the machine is in or servicing should not affect anything else.

I hope I answered your question.

• 3.  Re: Different time in alerts in different hubs.

Posted Oct 26, 2016 10:22 AM

Hi Gene,

Is there any feature available to change the time zone of alerts?

For example: if i have data center in five different time zones and i want to see the alert on all hubs in the same time zone. Then can we achieve this?

Regards,

Imran Khan

• 4.  Re: Different time in alerts in different hubs.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2016 11:22 AM

Currently there is no such feature no