Layer7 API Management

• 1.  OAuth 2.0 Token Provisioning Error via OAuth Authorization Server

Posted Oct 26, 2016 07:03 AM

Hi CA Community,

I am currently experiencing some issues with my oAuth token provisioning and hope to get some advice on this. As of now, the setup I have will be:

L7 Gateway Version 9.1

OAuth Toolkit 3.5.00-1515

L7 Portal v35

Issue 1

Currently i'm trying to run my oAuth 2 test client to generate a token as outlined in the oAuth toolkit manual. As for setup, besides installing the toolkit, I also went into the OAuth manager to customize the redirect uri to match the cluster hostname I have on my gateway.

However, when I try to do an initiate OAuth handshake in the process of generating a token, I am experiencing some issues with OAuth server as the picture below shows :

As such, would like to get some help on additional parameters I need to be able to successfully provision the token and complete the initiation of OAuth testing verification setup for my test client. 

This might be a configuration issue with my policy which I've not changed yet. Hope to get some input on directions on how to do this correctly. 

Issue 2

I would also like to ask if it is normal for my OAuth Toolkit policies to be prompting error from my policy manager such as "Unable to retrieve service properties" even though installation is successfully finished. 

Thanks for helping!

• 2.  Re: OAuth 2.0 Token Provisioning Error via OAuth Authorization Server
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2016 11:35 AM

Hi Stewart,

I would recommend you double check the post install steps. Notably, making sure the gateway was restarted and confirming the the otk_session_secret_encryption is exactly 32bit as noted in this post:

Post-Installation Tasks - CA API Management OAuth Toolkit - 3.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

OAuth Authorization Server - missing or duplicate parameters 

As for issue 2, I have not come across that before, however if you can click the report button and provide those details it may be helpful in diagnosing the problem.

Regards,

Joe

• 3.  Re: OAuth 2.0 Token Provisioning Error via OAuth Authorization Server

Posted Oct 26, 2016 11:40 PM

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your help, was able to successfully provision the token after configuring the otk_session_secret_encryption with another SSID again.

Best,

Stewart