Clarity

• 1.  Can you unlock an attribute with a process with a GEL step

Posted Oct 26, 2016 07:39 AM

According to Juan_Ortega in

https://communities.ca.com/message/241708849inommentID=241708849#comment-241708849 

you would lock an attribute with a process either by inserting records to ODF_LOCKED_ATTRIBUTES or with a manual action. I should assume the opposite holds true: To unlock delete records.

Can you have a combination?

That is first check if that needs to be done with a script and then to do the action manually?

I am trying to do that and set a variable persistent to be used in the second step, but I get

ERRORBPM-0703: Custom script syntax error at line 31, column 78: Environmental tag restrictions are in place. Tag 'persists' is not registered for use in this system.

when I have

<gel:persists  var="v_number_of_projects" value="${row[0]}" scope="INSTANCE">

Why do I get the error and how can I get past it?

Secondly if I get past that can I build a condition with and SQL query to get those instances where the unlocking it to be done?

• 2.  Re: Can you unlock an attribute with a process with a GEL step
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 26, 2016 08:06 AM

Shouldn't it be gel:persist not gel:persists

Dunno about the other things, but perhaps a process step that tries to lock an attribute which is already locked would just work (i.e. don't need to check first?) - or if it returned an error then your process could just ignore it.

• 3.  Re: Can you unlock an attribute with a process with a GEL step

Posted Oct 26, 2016 08:21 AM

Thanks Dave_3.0, that was quick.

Yes removing the s and closing the tag ie

<gel:persist  var="v_number_of_projects" value="${row[0]}" scope="INSTANCE"/>

made the errors go away.

Now I need to figure how to do a subprocess of another step with manual unlocking action for each object ID found in the SQL test.

• 4.  Re: Can you unlock an attribute with a process with a GEL step

Posted Oct 26, 2016 08:27 AM

Not really understanding what you are doing ; previous advice (given to me rather than by me I hasten to add) about dynamically determining which object instance(s) to lock a specific attribute upon (rather than locking the attribute on a process-related instance), have given the guidance of updating (via XOG) the relevant instances with a "dummy attribute", and then having a second process defined on the instance that was triggered only by update of the dummy attribute and which locked then the required attribute. No locking done in GEL then and all "supported".

• 5.  Re: Can you unlock an attribute with a process with a GEL step

Posted Oct 26, 2016 08:44 AM

Thanks again that is about what I am trying to do.

It is the project object which is already heavy with custom attributes, so I am trying get away without one more.