Clarity

• 1.  Automation to simplify time tracking?

Posted Oct 26, 2016 09:48 AM

This is a very general question, and I'm asking though I believe I already know the answer.

We are in the middle of requirements gathering for migration of time tracking from Oracle Time and Labor into CA PPM.

When a user has access to Oracle OTL, all they need is the project ID number to log time against the project.

In PPM, as you know, the user must be on a team, assigned to task in order to track time.

Has anyone ever tried to simplify this, and how?

I am being asked to suggest a way a user could login and without necessarily being assigned to project or tasks,. still track time against the project.

OR a way to automate the assignment of team members to the project and/or task.

In order to more closely mimic the way Oracle works.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your time!

• 2.  Re: Automation to simplify time tracking?

Posted Oct 26, 2016 10:26 AM

BradGibson wrote:

OR a way to automate the assignment of team members to the project and/or task.

Can do that thru XOG (allocate required resource to required project, assign to "Effort" task) - whether as a one-off bulk upload (e.g. part of "data-migration") or as part of an interface feeding time from external system to Clarity (i.e. as required).