CA Client Automation

• 1.  Problem with dms interperter

Posted Oct 26, 2016 04:11 PM
      |   view attached

Dear people i need help with this ,

I have CA ITCM 12.5 and i had to upgrade to 14,so i have chosen the path to first upgrade agents,than SS servers ,and then finaly my idea is to move SS servers to new configured ITCM14 DSM.

My client have some SWdelivery job  that consists from pskill action after what some files needs to be copied so they have some .dms script that does all that.Now i have problem with dsm interpreter on SS14 that needs to be deployed with this.In log i have:

DMSInterpr|dmscript |000000|ERROR  | script compilation error: : Cannot open the script file: ***.dms
    DMSInterpr|WinMain()       |SCRW32.CPP         |001987|ERROR  | Interpreter terminated. Return code 14.

Job delivers the package and than needs to install but this happens.This works for SS 12.5 there is no error in logs.

So they are pushing this still from that dsm 12.5 to those ss14 machines,i need to solve this is there any incopatibilty beetween dsm in 12.5 and dsm in 14.

Or is this some new feature i did not heard about.

Please help

Attachment(s)

zip
    vapex.dms.txt.zip   956 B 1 version

• 2.  Re: Problem with dms interperter
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 26, 2016 04:32 PM

You are going about your upgrade in the wrong manner. The recommended upgrade path is to upgrade from the top down. In other words, build your new R14 Domain first, then move the SS to it, upgrade the SS then upgrade the Agent. Having the SS at higher level than the Domain is not recommended and not supported. I do not know if this is the reason your script job fails but it is quite likely I think.

Steve McCormick, ITIL

CA Technologies

Principal Services Consultant

Stephen.McCormick@ca.com

<mailto:Stephen.McCormick@ca.com>

• 3.  Re: Problem with dms interperter

Posted Oct 26, 2016 05:55 PM

Thanks Stephen,

For this answer but still does not explain as you said you do not know but it is probably becouse of ill mannered upgrade.Ok maybe i get ahead of my self but do you have idea how to mend this or if this will work when i move ss to new DM?

Srdacan pozdrav/Best regards

Nenad Odic

Technical Consultant | SolvIT Networks

+381 63 566 866 Mobile

+381 11 3052 523 Fixed line

email:  <mailto:djordje.vasic@solvit.rs> nenad.odic@solvit.rs

<http://www.solvit.rs/> www.solvit.rs

• 4.  Re: Problem with dms interperter

Posted Oct 26, 2016 06:03 PM

Like Rich also replied to you, 12.5 is not tested with R14 and a R14 SS may not work with a 12.5 DM. The proper method to upgrade is DM first (or EM if you have one) then SS then Agent. SS at higher level than DM is not guaranteed to work and is not supported so you will not get much help with this scenario. Upgrade your DM and if you still have the problem then we can look into it.

Steve McCormick, ITIL

CA Technologies

Principal Services Consultant

Stephen.McCormick@ca.com

<mailto:Stephen.McCormick@ca.com>

• 5.  Re: Problem with dms interperter

Posted Oct 27, 2016 03:07 PM

Dear people ,

Just to inform that this problem can be solved in two ways.

First one is to move  14 SS and 14 agents to a 14 DM and procedure for install works as is imported from old DM 12.5,so this was expected as everyone read the manual :).

Second one is to have a look at install procedures for the package becouse in this procedure that i had old DM sends boot level before execution logoff user  to a new 14 SS server and sdagent does not understand becouse of compatibility issues.

When we changed logoff user to none and checked Run job off-line from Scalability Servers just to exclude further comunication with old DM every thing went fine.So the log message hints to a compatibility issue but not for real so dms script was not a problem at all,it was procedure that was not interpreted well by new SS servers and compatibility is culprit and of course all you guys are right we should go from the top dow not the bottom up.

But any way bottoms up and cheers.

Srdacan pozdrav/Best regards

Nenad Odic

Technical Consultant | SolvIT Networks

+381 63 566 866 Mobile

+381 11 3052 523 Fixed line

email:  <mailto:nenad.odic@solvit.rs> nenad.odic@solvit.rs

<http://www.solvit.rs/> www.solvit.rs

• 6.  Re: Problem with dms interperter

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2016 05:33 PM

You need to upgrade the dm first.  No testing has been done with 14 and 12.5 as 12.5 is now unsupported.  You should use your 12.5 infrastructure to push out the new agent and at the same time point it to your new ss.  If you are not replacing the ss then you should upgrade it after you upgrade the dm

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone