Clarity

• 1.  Send notifications to multiple people

Posted Oct 27, 2016 07:42 AM

When a person is added to a project, that person receives a notification email.  Can it be changed to send the notification to multiple people?  We would like to notify the project leader that someone was added to their project.  I would also like to nofify the project leader when someone is removed from their project, but email notification on a delete doesn't work.  Any suggestions?  I found the template that is used for the email, but it only contains the body of the email, not the distribution portion.

• 2.  Re: Send notifications to multiple people

Posted Oct 27, 2016 08:09 AM

I don't think we can alter the distribution list for those emails. Lets hear what others have to say.

However, I would like to highlight one point. These emails are actually related to Participants in the team. That is, these emails will be triggered when a participant is added/removed from a project. I guess your Project Management settings in Clarity are set such that every resource added as staff becomes a participant. Hence, whenever you add a resource to team, email is triggered. But when you remove resource from staff, you do not get email because the resource still exists as participant. Remove the resource as participant , then you should get an email.

• 3.  Re: Send notifications to multiple people

Posted Oct 27, 2016 12:23 PM

Thanks.  You are correct, that is the way we are set up.  Team members, when added,  automatically become participants.  How do you remove a participant?  On the Team tab, when I click Participants, no buttons or options display.  If I remove a team member, they remain under participants.  I tried the documentation, and couldn't find anything.

• 4.  Re: Send notifications to multiple people

• 5.  Re: Send notifications to multiple people

Posted Oct 27, 2016 04:28 PM

Thank you.  That was informative about removing participants.  Have you ever modified the recipients on an email notification?