Clarity

• 1.  Set Planned Cost Dates Attribute in XOG

Posted Oct 27, 2016 10:40 AM

Hi all.

Does anyone know if the Set Planned Cost Dates checkbox is available on the SOAP interface?

I'm seeing XOG updates to Ideas clearing this which will lead to incorrect fiscal forecasts. Showstopper!

If I knew the attribute name I could just send in the 'true' with my update to work around it. So far I've been unable to find it documented or guess at it. I'm open to any other work-around ideas as well.

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Set Planned Cost Dates Attribute in XOG
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 27, 2016 11:23 AM

syncInvestmentAndBudgetDates="true"

If that isn't included in the idea XOG you are right, it clears it 

Once that was included it worked as expected, i.e. set to true or false

• 3.  Re: Set Planned Cost Dates Attribute in XOG

Posted Oct 27, 2016 11:36 AM

Awesome! There it is. Thanks Andrew!

I'll update this thread with the issue ID if CA wants to open a bug against my support case (I would recommend it) - but this gets me back & moving forward.

THANKS!

• 4.  Re: Set Planned Cost Dates Attribute in XOG

Posted Oct 28, 2016 03:39 PM

The issue number is: CLRT-81469 - Xoging in Idea Xml which includes syncInvestmentAndBudgetDates=", doesn't set 'Set Planned Cost Dates' attribute correctly.

Actual Result:

If syncInvestmentAndBudgetDates="true" the "Set Planned Cost Dates" is not cleared.

If syncInvestmentAndBudgetDates="false" the "Set Planned Cost Dates" is cleared.

If syncInvestmentAndBudgetDates is not specify in the XOG input, the "Set Planned Cost Dates" is cleared.

Expected Result:

If syncInvestmentAndBudgetDates="true" the "Set Planned Cost Dates" checkbox should be checked.

If syncInvestmentAndBudgetDates="false" the "Set Planned Cost Dates" checkbox should not be checked.

If syncInvestmentAndBudgetDates is not specify in the XOG input, the "Set Planned Cost Dates" checkbox should not be checked.

Hey am1 - teach a man (and others) to fish. How did you know the attribute was syncInvestmentAndBudgetDates? My process is to xog something out and look for the tag or search the XSDs and sample xogs - none of which yielded this (unless I overlooked it). Up next I guessed with the attribute ID or camelCase examples of what I thought it could be but I never got it right. What can I do better?

• 5.  Re: Set Planned Cost Dates Attribute in XOG

Posted Oct 31, 2016 09:51 AM

What you did was right, but the name shown in the GUI doesn't correlate very well with the attribute ID!

"Set planned dates"  vs "sync_inv_n_bdg_dates"

I just looked in the XSD for "sync", so it was hiding in plain sight!