Clarity

Chat Transcript - CA PPM Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (October 2016)

• 1.  Chat Transcript - CA PPM Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (October 2016)

Posted Oct 27, 2016 12:22 PM

Miss the October PPM Office Hours - Online Chat? Check out what you missed below and be sure to join us in December (no November Office Hours) for the next session!

from Art Vendryes to Everyone: good afternoon, or morning depending on where you are
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Hi Everyone - We'll be starting in just a few minutes.
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Let's start! @Art and @Martti looks like you guys have the floor!
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: Can the status reports be flowed down to sharepoint?
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: via sharepoint addin
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: also, issues and risks?
    from Kathryn Ellis (CA) to Everyone: @Art - we are checking
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: thank you
    from Martti K. to Everyone: @John Create Lookup Values for Static Dependent Lists says
    from Martti K. to Everyone: 1.
    Follow these steps:
    With the static dependent list lookup open, click Values.
    Click New.
    Complete the following:
    from Martti K. to Everyone: That will always be at the level whe you are mostly top. Consider adding to that: If you want to add a unit at a lower level open the the level first - or something similar.
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: So that would be one way flow? Any chance of bi-directional depending on access rights?
    from Nick Darlington (CA) to Everyone: @Art: the general capabilities of the sharepoint connector include the ability to pull in data from Project subobjects and also some queries. So in general terms it looks like you can get information from things like Risks, Issues, or Status Reports, but I don't have specific information to confirm it (in case there may be restrictions preventing it from operating on those specific subobjects). Docs reference: https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/14-2/en/add-ins-and-connectors/microsoft-sharepoint-connector#MicrosoftSharePointConnector-MicrosoftSharePointConnectorComponents
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: thank you, that will help
    from John W. George (CA Technologies) to Everyone: @Martti - thanks for the doc feedback. We'll take a look.
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: @Art and @Martti - Fire away!
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: is it possible to give a user semi admin rights such as unlock accounts only?
    from Martti K. to Everyone: In 15.1 I am trying to see the new UI. As a project manager I can see the timesheets but not project . Is that a rights issue?
    from Nick Darlington (CA) to Everyone: @Art: This is a similar request to those wanting the ability to initiate a password reset - either automatically (autonomously) or via a limited capability user for support desk purposes - has been placed onto the Ideas in the community but not implemented yet. Some of those ideas are in the Review status with product management, but can't be setup in the product today with the current array of rights available
    from Nick Darlington (CA) to Everyone: @Art: I would probably recommend raising an Idea for your own scope/requirements too as they are related but a bit different
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: Ok, we will keep our eyes out and fingers crossed for implementation
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: I will do that
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: @Martti - We're still looking at your question.
    from Nick Darlington (CA) to Everyone: @Martti: It may be a rights issue. The timesheet UI is applied all-or-nothing to everybody once enabled under the system options. The new project UI needs to be granted through rights as well for a more selective rollout. Release notes indicates "Access Rights and the New User Experience
    Access rights for the New User Experience are available to control security for project managers and team members"
    from Martti K. to Everyone: @Nikc Thanks I'll look at those
    from Nick Darlington (CA) to Everyone: @Martti: Are you trying to locate a menu link or similar to get to the new project UI?
    from Nick Darlington (CA) to Everyone: @Martti: If so, there isn't one immediately available - you can either type in the URL to a bookmark or address bar, or follow these steps to add a link to the PPM 'classic' menu: https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-1/en/getting-started-with-the-new-user-experience/create-a-menu-link-from-classic-ppm-to-the-new-user-experience
    from Nick Darlington (CA) to Everyone: @Martti: The references to rights seems to only be meaning the normal ones with respect to which project content you can see, rather than a right to access the feature itself
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: OK Folks - We'll wrap up for today and see you back here in November. Thanks for participating!
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: thank you for the support
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Thanks again!
    from Martti K. to Everyone: Thanks,
    from Martti K. to Everyone: @Nikc I got them both now throught URL