Clarity

• 1.  How I can see a transaction incurred after approving it in CA PPM 14.4?

Posted Oct 27, 2016 04:31 PM

In a portfolio i have a project X; in this, I would like to see the incurred budget ones after the transaction be accepted, because i can see the transacctions, but i can,t see how incurred in the project X?

Regards

• 2.  Re: How I can see a transaction incurred after approving it in CA PPM 14.4?

Posted Oct 28, 2016 05:56 PM

can you put some more details?

i am not sure I understand your question...

BR

Davor

• 3.  Re: How I can see a transaction incurred after approving it in CA PPM 14.4?

Posted Oct 31, 2016 06:57 AM

Sure!,
    These are the steps I followed in order to créate a transaction:

1)Home->Financial Management>Transaction Entry->Post to WIP> Create a WIP Adjustement> Approve WIP Adjustment

The problem I´m having is that, all the approved transaction have a cost associated, if those transactions are associated to a project, the question is: how can I know the actual cost for those projects taking into account the transactions associated to that project?, in the project status all the costs values remain the same regardless the cost associated to the transactions.

For example:
    I want to invoice travel expenses to a project, the travel cost is 1000$. The project budget is 5000$, but I ican´t find anywhere in the system the actual cost of the project regarding with the 1000$ cost invoiced to that project.

I have to said that I am using transactions to invoice cost to a project, maybe there is a better way to do that.

Thank in advance.
    Regards.

• 4.  Re: How I can see a transaction incurred after approving it in CA PPM 14.4?

Posted Oct 31, 2016 07:18 AM

ON the project, have you checked the Chargebacks tab > Transactions link ?

NJ

• 5.  Re: How I can see a transaction incurred after approving it in CA PPM 14.4?

Posted Oct 31, 2016 07:51 AM

These transactions are stored as actuals in CA PPM. Under your cost and budget plans do you see these actual figures?

Several jobs are running behind the scenes in order to ‘publish’ figures to different parts of the system and if these jobs are not running then you will not be able to see actuals.

You first question was pointing at portfolios but first we need to make sure that you can see actuals on projects…

BR

Davor

• 6.  Re: How I can see a transaction incurred after approving it in CA PPM 14.4?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 31, 2016 02:30 PM

You can also see posted transactions in the Home -> Financial Management -> Posted Transaction Review portlet. You filter on the date range and investment to see the list of transactions that have posted to the investment. You can further refine the filter based on transaction class of TRAVEL (or the name used in your configuration). The benefit of this portlet is you can configure the view to show the information you want to see and export it to Excel for further analysis or reporting.