CA Service Management

• 1.  Bulk ticket - logcomment

Posted Oct 28, 2016 07:23 AM

How to log comment a bulk  number of tickets with a single update?

what is the best-optimised design solution to achieve this requirement.

Service Desk 12.9

• 2.  Re: Bulk ticket - logcomment

Posted Oct 28, 2016 10:04 AM

Hi Venkat,

We dont currently have a way to do that specifically via the GUI.  You do have several options to use, however it would require you to build some things.  Those options are as follows:

#1 - Maileater:

- if you are using maileater currently, you can simply send an email to generate a log comment in each ticket

- this would require you to put the case number into the subject or body of the email (based on the text api)

#1 - pdm_text command

- this is a command line utility which uses the text api, and you can use it to update tickets via the command line

- here is some info about that: CA SDM Text API Interface - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

#3 - Web services

- You can create a custom web services app (batch file, script, etc.) to run web services calls into service desk to update those specific tickets

- this will require a bit of coding type skills

Hope this helps a bit,

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Bulk ticket - logcomment

Posted Oct 28, 2016 10:33 AM

Thank you Jon.

#1 - Maileater:

- if you are using maileater currently, you can simply send an email to generate a log comment in each ticket

- this would require you to put the case number into the subject or body of the email (based on the text api)

I believe maileater don't have the ability to update bulk tickets with single message (mail) to maileater

#1 - pdm_text command

- this is a command line utility which uses the text api, and you can use it to update tickets via the command line

- here is some info about that: CA SDM Text API Interface - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

I am not sure about this, and I would like to know the text API  have the ability to update bulk tickets by running command once

#3 - Web services

- You can create a custom web services app (batch file, script, etc.) to run web services calls into service desk to update those specific tickets

- this will require a bit of coding type skills

I believe, web services will help to achieve this.

#4 - Spl

- I want to use parent and child relationship  in first place, Ideally , analyst provides his comment on parent ticket.

- will create a different activity type for this type comment - example (activity type : bulk comment)

- will Create a .spl to fetch the child tickets and log comment to all the child tickets with analyst provided information.

please share your comments on this.

• 4.  Re: Bulk ticket - logcomment

Posted Oct 28, 2016 06:00 PM

Hi Venkat,

You are correct, maileater will not update multiples with a single email, and same goes for the text API, which cannot use a single command to update multiple tickets.  Web services would work but will have to be scripted beforehand.  As for Spl, I cannot comment further on that as its outside the scope of support.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 5.  Re: Bulk ticket - logcomment

Posted Oct 28, 2016 06:40 PM

Hello,

Have you looked into using the out-of-the-box functionality to accomplish this:

Related Ticket Activities - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 6.  Re: Bulk ticket - logcomment

Posted Oct 31, 2016 02:00 PM

we are using 12.9 SD , not sure about this feature in 12.9. However, thanks for sharing will check the OOTB functionality.

• 7.  Re: Bulk ticket - logcomment
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 30, 2016 07:33 AM

I have achieved this using .spl modification. Thanks for suggestions.

• 8.  RE: Re: Bulk ticket - logcomment

Posted Sep 18, 2019 07:54 AM
    Hi Venkat,

Can you please share that spel code?

Regards,
    Saravanakumar Kumbalingam