How to log comment a bulk number of tickets with a single update?
what is the best-optimised design solution to achieve this requirement.
Service Desk 12.9
I have achieved this using .spl modification. Thanks for suggestions.
We dont currently have a way to do that specifically via the GUI. You do have several options to use, however it would require you to build some things. Those options are as follows:
#1 - Maileater:
- if you are using maileater currently, you can simply send an email to generate a log comment in each ticket
- this would require you to put the case number into the subject or body of the email (based on the text api)
#1 - pdm_text command
- this is a command line utility which uses the text api, and you can use it to update tickets via the command line
- here is some info about that: CA SDM Text API Interface - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation
#3 - Web services
- You can create a custom web services app (batch file, script, etc.) to run web services calls into service desk to update those specific tickets
- this will require a bit of coding type skills
Hope this helps a bit,
Thank you Jon.
I believe maileater don't have the ability to update bulk tickets with single message (mail) to maileater
I am not sure about this, and I would like to know the text API have the ability to update bulk tickets by running command once
I believe, web services will help to achieve this.
#4 - Spl
- I want to use parent and child relationship in first place, Ideally , analyst provides his comment on parent ticket.
- will create a different activity type for this type comment - example (activity type : bulk comment)
- will Create a .spl to fetch the child tickets and log comment to all the child tickets with analyst provided information.
please share your comments on this.
You are correct, maileater will not update multiples with a single email, and same goes for the text API, which cannot use a single command to update multiple tickets. Web services would work but will have to be scripted beforehand. As for Spl, I cannot comment further on that as its outside the scope of support.
Have you looked into using the out-of-the-box functionality to accomplish this:
Related Ticket Activities - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation
we are using 12.9 SD , not sure about this feature in 12.9. However, thanks for sharing will check the OOTB functionality.
Retrieving data ...