DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Message queue monitoring

Posted Oct 28, 2016 07:57 AM

Hello!! I have a monitoring demand, as follow. I have a message queue and I need monitor if that queue is growing, If the queue don't grow or dropping I have to alert. I've thought use an EPagent implementation. Anyone could help me. Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Message queue monitoring
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 28, 2016 08:51 AM

What type of message queue is it?

The MQ powerpack which can be downloaded from our support site would be the one to use generally.  If its Websphere MQ, you would use the MQ files in the examples of the Websphere Agent directory.

If its Apache Active MQ, we have a field pack for it.

• 3.  Re: Message queue monitoring

Posted Oct 28, 2016 12:35 PM

It's a Java application running on Weblogic. It's a JMS queue. In this case I could use one of the options mentioned??

• 4.  Re: Message queue monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 28, 2016 02:41 PM

To get more in depth metrics of the JMS on weblogic, your best bet may be the standalone MQ PowerPack.

Adding Hiko_Davis and SergioMorales  for any additional input.

• 5.  Re: Message queue monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 28, 2016 03:28 PM

We get JMS OOTB with the Java agent. Are you saying that you're not seeing the data, or just that you want more detailed data?

• 6.  Re: Message queue monitoring

Posted Oct 31, 2016 05:53 AM

I want a way to alert if the MQ don't grow. You know, we have alerts to average response time, stall counts and things like that, but we don't have a specific alert to MQ. That's what I need. I'll try the MQ Powerpack and tell you guys if work. Thanks.

• 7.  Re: Message queue monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 31, 2016 08:56 AM

Thanks Rafael. Will mark as answered