CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Hi All, we're running CA Service Desk Manager, 12.7. Individual Assignee notifications is my concern.

• 1.  Hi All, we're running CA Service Desk Manager, 12.7. Individual Assignee notifications is my concern.

Posted Oct 28, 2016 10:07 AM

There are many customizations, so the answer may not be as straight forward. I'm looking to enable only some members of a group to receive notification on the assignment of a ticket to them directly. I'm only able to turn on notifications for all tickets in that queue, not those assigned directly. Maybe I'm missing something simple. Would anyone be able to advise? Thank you for your help.

• 2.  Re: Hi All, we're running CA Service Desk Manager, 12.7. Individual Assignee notifications is my concern.
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 28, 2016 01:33 PM

In the Out-of-the-Box (OOTB) configuration there is an Activity Notification named Transfer. The Transfer Activity Notification for object type "Requests/Incidents/Problems" has one rule "Default Transfer Notification Rule for request/incident/problem" which has no condition.

1. Create a new rule based on the one above but use the condition "assignee not assigned" and add group to the Object Contacts. Add this new rule to the Transfer Activity Notification.
    2. Create a new Site-defined Condition for object type Request/Incident/Problem that resolves true when the assignee is NOT NULL.
    3. Create another new rule like you did in step 1 but use the new Site-defined Condition you created in step 2 and add assignee to the Object Contacts. Add this new rule to the Transfer Activity Notification.
    4. Remove the Default Notification Rule from the Transfer Activity Notification.

• 3.  Re: Hi All, we're running CA Service Desk Manager, 12.7. Individual Assignee notifications is my concern.

Posted Oct 28, 2016 03:18 PM

Thank you!