Service Virtualization

• 1.  Set Endpoint and Port - using RR Pairs via Portal

Posted Oct 31, 2016 06:33 AM

Is it possible to set the endpoint and port of a simulation via the devtest portal? => by using RR pairs?

thanks in advance!

Max

• 2.  Re: Set Endpoint and Port - using RR Pairs via Portal
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 31, 2016 09:15 AM
      |   view attached

This should be possible.  When you select your R/R pair files in the Portal, you also need to include a '.vrs' (virtual recording session) file.  The VRS provides additional instructions including the listen ports and Live Invocation information.

Attached is an abbreviated VRS file with some example content that should help get you started.  IMO, it is best to launch Workstation, run the R/R pairs through and save a VRS file at the end rather than attempting to create the instructions manually.  Note:  If you use WS to create the VRS from R/R pairs, you will need to change the Protocol to HttpProtocolHandler when the VRS is used inside the portal (at least that has been my experience under 9.5.1).  You should also remove the R/R Pairs directory that is placed in the XML since you are dragging/dropping the R/R pairs in Portal. 

In the attachment look for the Live Invocation information at the bottom:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<RecordingSession nonLeaf="WIDE" leaf="LOOSE" asObject="true">
       :

:

:

</Transport>
       <!-- This is the VS Listen Port-->
       <listenPort>8001</listenPort>
       <!-- Live Invocation Target Host Goes Here -->
       <targetHost>some.company.com</targetHost>
       <targetPort>80</targetPort>
       <useGateway>true</useGateway>
       <hostHeaderPassThrough>false</hostHeaderPassThrough>
       <ssl toClient="false" toServer="false"/>
       <basePath>/service/basepath/</basePath>
      </Protocol>
    </RecordingSession>

Attachment(s)

• 3.  Re: Set Endpoint and Port - using RR Pairs via Portal

Posted Oct 31, 2016 09:43 AM

Thank you for your answer. Ok, that will probably work. I also use this .vrs file to create an image via "ServiceImageManager.exe".

But
    Is there really no GUI solution for setting endpoint and port in the portal? In this case i don't understand this functionality? For whom is this usable?

• 4.  Re: Set Endpoint and Port - using RR Pairs via Portal

Posted Oct 31, 2016 10:26 AM

Perhaps, someone from the product team can provide a more definitive response.  

So far as I know, you are correct that there is no portal-based feature for setting live endpoints for R/R pairs.  It might be worth raising an idea in case the feature is unplanned.  There is business value in minimizing manual intervention and streamlining the overall service development process.  

• 5.  Re: Set Endpoint and Port - using RR Pairs via Portal

Posted Nov 03, 2016 04:03 PM