Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

WARNING: The server name specified in ServerInfo.properties file should be 'CA Clarity PPM'

• 1.  WARNING: The server name specified in ServerInfo.properties file should be 'CA Clarity PPM'

Posted Oct 31, 2016 10:50 AM

When I start the "app" service I get a warning, "WARNING: The server name specified in ServerInfo.properties file should be 'CA Clarity PPM'" and the app service does not work - the PPM login page does not open in a browser. 

I searched for ServerInfo.properties in the file system on all my PPM installations and none of them have ServerInfo.properties

• 2.  Re: WARNING: The server name specified in ServerInfo.properties file should be 'CA Clarity PPM'

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 31, 2016 02:16 PM

Hi Derek

The ServerInfo.properties is a file contained by one of the Tomcat catalina.jar files. I have seen this previously on Tomcat 7.

Can you confirm what is your exact Clarity PPM version and what is the Tomcat version you are using? Also check the tomcat directory in the properties.xml file, to see if it’s correct. Check what is your service name for app in there as well and let me know. Example service name, assuming you're on 14.2:
    <applicationServerInstance id="app" serviceName="CA Clarity PPM App Server"
    I’ll also need to see your full app-system log as usually the Warning messages do not cause issues with accessing the application. Just to make sure we are not missing something.

Thank you -Nika