Rally Software

• 1.  Cannot import Porfolio Items

Posted Oct 31, 2016 02:48 PM

I'm trying to import portfolio items using the provided template and having several issues:

Issue #1 - Does not like wsjf columns...  I leave null or enter zeros.  Get the following error:

Work around.. delete the header row.

Issue #2 - Will not accept Portfolio Item Type entry.  Currently set to "Capability" - took this verbatim from the Rally UI.  I get that the field is null, or at least I think that's what it is saying. 

Any suggestions?  I have over 100 portfolio items to put into Rally by the end of the day.  I really don't want to put them in one at a time.

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Cannot import Porfolio Items

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2016 12:52 PM

It would seem that inserting Capability into that field would get you past that Lowell although in my testing a true null value typically errors with () and not (null).  The question I have is Capability defined as a drop down choice in the workspace for PI type?

• 3.  Re: Cannot import Porfolio Items

Posted Nov 03, 2016 07:21 AM

+1 for the previous response regarding whether Capability is an actual Portfolio Item Type in your workspace.

For what it's worth I get much better results using the Excel Add-In. It has much more verbose error handling and contains a helpful schema checker and documentation that eliminates a lot of trial and error steps. The only problem is that with the transition to the new CA support site (ARGH!) there doesn't seem to be an easy way to find the add-in so you might need to open a case with CA support. The site is worse than awful but the expanded support team have been great and as responsive as ever. Hope that helps.