DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  UIM 8.4.7 - CABI Install on UMP

Posted Nov 01, 2016 08:15 PM

Documentation says...

You must install CABI Server on a robot connected directly to the primary hub. Do not deploy CABI Server on a robot running UMP. A separate robot is required to avoid scale and performance issues.

Is "scale and performance issues" only reason not to install CABI on UMP or are there any other compatibility issues of having such a setup?

I have two UMP servers and on one I have UR installed and planning to run CABI on the second UMP server would there be any other issues ?

Anyone tried using CABI with UIM and is it worth giving it a try?

• 2.  Re: UIM 8.4.7 - CABI Install on UMP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2016 05:34 AM

Hello,

You can have for example two robots under primary hub. One robot is used for wasp, ump and  ump_cabi package and other robot is used for WASP and CABI Server.  

Please note that it is recommended not to install CABI Server on a robot connected to a secondary hub as this configuration is not supported. 

Thanks.

Regards

-Sayeed

• 3.  Re: UIM 8.4.7 - CABI Install on UMP

Posted Nov 02, 2016 08:58 AM

There have been reports of the CABI server and probe installation and deployment not working correctly when it was done to a system running UMP. Since the CABI server install creates many tables in the database the clean up is not as easy as just a 'right click delete', so it seems smart to not even try it and just follow the documentation.

• 4.  Re: UIM 8.4.7 - CABI Install on UMP

Posted Nov 02, 2016 06:43 PM

Thanks David , anyways I tried the install on a UMP server (its a test environment) as I could not afford another additional server for CABI.  Did not face any issues with the install and the CABi reports seems to be functioning fine after the install.