CA Service Management

• 1.  Service Catalog forms are detached from Services

Posted Nov 02, 2016 08:39 AM

Hi All,

We are facing issues with the service catalog from couple of weeks. When we try to request some particular services, we see that there are no form attached with the service.

It is happening with already ordered services also. We cant see the form over there.

Have anyone faced this problem. Please share your view or suggestion to resolve the same.

Apart from this can we have a query, so we can find how many services are of this type where forms are detached.

Thanks & Regards,

Vikash

• 2.  Re: Service Catalog forms are detached from Services

Posted Nov 04, 2016 05:30 PM

I have had this issue for ~2 years post upgrade from 12.6 to 12.9.  The only fix I have for the issue is to go to the Service level the options are attached and click the Define Offering Selection button.  Then uncheck and check the box of the option(s) the form(s) are not displaying in and then click save.

Becareful as I also have the issue where all options in the Service Option Group are visually checked even though the end user view does not show the options.  I have to manually uncheck all the options in the SOG that are not to be available in that Service.

• 3.  Re: Service Catalog forms are detached from Services

Posted Nov 07, 2016 02:16 AM

Thanks Skypittman for your reply,

You are right we can, But is there any way to find out how many service are of this type where forms are not displaying. Because this may be an issue if every time user comes to us and say he/she is not able to view the form and then we start to do it.

Please reply/suggest.

Regards,

VIkash

• 4.  Re: Service Catalog forms are detached from Services

Posted Nov 07, 2016 11:13 AM

My method is the worst method.  A coworker and I split the work between us and we manually verified all forms opened on all the options in our Catalog.  Any form that wasn't working we made notes and fixed it after going through all the options.  We have around 250 options in our Catalog.  We now have integrated into our development to always redo the option selections from the service level to prevent the detachment of the forms from the option.

I have also seen some weirdness with options and forms if you rename the form or move where the form is located if there are active option(s) that use the form.