Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Pre-Approve Application Requests

Posted Nov 02, 2016 04:37 PM

Hello,

I'd like to disable the requestor/approver workflow and allow application requests to complete without approval.  I have an environment setup where requestors do not need approval.  Is this possible?  I'm pretty sure I saw switches in a config somewhere that drove this, but I could be mistaken.

Thanks!

Alejandro

• 2.  Re: Pre-Approve Application Requests

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2016 04:56 PM

Alejandro, 

I'm not aware of any config files that can change the workflow for 'pre-approval' of applications. Especially since different APIs will be selected for each app, I don't see how we could just open it up like that upon initial review.

A workaround would be to create a central account with a known password for your developers so they can approve it themselves. For example, create a open user so the developers can just log into that account without needing to wait for someone else. For this, you'll want to look into the user roles of Business Manager and Account Manager; these are the users tasked with managing Orgs and Developers.

Tasks Performed by User Role - CA API Developer Portal - 3.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Internal Roles - CA API Developer Portal - 3.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Alec Daniello

APIM Support Engineer

• 3.  Re: Pre-Approve Application Requests
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 02, 2016 04:58 PM

Yes... from the CMS (/admin)... workspace.  You will see a link to the properties.xml file.

When you click on that it will take you to the /SYSTEM/conf folder... scroll down until you see the properties.xml file and edit it.

You can update the following line...

<Property name="applicationApprovalRequired" value="no"/>

FYI, you can also set the registration to auto approve also...

<Property name="registrationApprovalRequired" value="no" />

Once you save the file... be sure to publish it.  I don't think you will need to restart the portal for this to take affect.

Hope this is what you were asking.

• 4.  Re: Pre-Approve Application Requests

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2016 05:08 PM

Awesome! I was not aware of those properties, thanks a lot for sharing! But again, the workaround I mentioned could help in terms of restricting 'pre-approval' for certain people only, rather than FULLY opening it up. But if you would like to expose it to everyone, it seems like changing the properties is definitely the route to take. 

-Alec Daniello