DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

CEM Plugin

• 1.  CEM Plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 03, 2016 06:11 AM
      |   view attached

Hi All,

We have created http plugin for CA APM 10.2  which uses interface CemPluginApiV3 for accessing the response body of the monitored business transaction. Concern of our is that we are not able to define the business transaction manually with the output parameter fetched from response Body while plugin was in running state.

Plugin is working fine, we have written the code to generate the logs whose output location is /home/cemplugins/log, please find the below screenshot

The parameter which needs to be passed posses the correct desired value however there is something wrong with the new CemPluginOutput(new CemPluginOutput.CemParam[] { parameter_3 }. Is there a way out we can check what does cempluginoutput contains?

Please also validate the above value inserted in the name field, Is this name refer to the plugin name or output parameter name generated by the plugin

Please find the below code for the Plugin.

Regards,

Winkle Khurana

Attachment(s)

zip
    responseBody.log.zip   231 B 1 version

• 2.  Re: CEM Plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 03, 2016 07:26 AM

Guenter_Grossberger Hiko_Davis added. Creating to a discussion since this is more on custom code and best practices

• 3.  Re: CEM Plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 03, 2016 12:57 PM

Hi All,

Any Update on the same. We have also tried to pass the value through hard code even though we were not able to identify the business transaction.

Please help its bit urgent.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Winkle Khurana

• 4.  Re: CEM Plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 03, 2016 01:46 PM

Hi Winkle:

I can only help you with what's in the doc and not code debugging. I previously added the best two people to possibly assist. 

Looking at the Docs -- HTTP analyzer plug-in overview - CA Application Performance Management - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

HTTP analyzer plug-in overview - CA Application Performance Management - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation

The preceding methods (not including initialize or terminate) can return either null or a CemPluginOutput instance. The CemPluginOutput class has two fields, either (or both) of which can be null:

• a parameter array supplied by the plug-in to be added to the TIM’s parameter list (name/value pairs -- that is, what to watch for)
    • log messages to be written to the TIM log (that is, what just happened)\\\

>Is there a way out we can check what does cempluginoutput contains? If it not one of the above two fields then it appears to be no. 

Thanks

Hal German

• 5.  Re: CEM Plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 03, 2016 02:06 PM

Hi Hal German,

Thanks for your response. However, It would be a great help if you can provide some examples in order to access the custom parameters created in http plugin.

Kindly help me in validating the desired value being passed in the above screenshot under name and Pattern section/field is correct or not.

I am not able to find more examples for custom attributes in the guide, some examples for component-id,http-command,http-path,http-version,connection-details are available which I have tested and are working fine for the same plugin.

Please do me this needful, It will be a great help

Regards,

Winkle Khurana

• 6.  Re: CEM Plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 03, 2016 02:10 PM

Hal German,

Which Log file will be consisting of information/value of new parameter added by plugin in TIM’s (name/value pairs -- that is, what to watch for), Could you please specify the details

Regards,

Winkle Khurana

• 7.  Re: CEM Plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 03, 2016 02:52 PM

Hi Winkle: 

The HTTP Plugin log messages that I referred to above are written in the TIM log.

• 8.  Re: CEM Plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 03, 2016 03:42 PM

Asked internal community to respond to you. No guarantees. But have let people know that you are requesting some help.

• 9.  Re: CEM Plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 03, 2016 05:04 PM

Hi Winkle:

It was suggested that you make one change in the code: 

String responseBody = new String(bytes); // can cause problems
     String responseBody = new String(bytes, "UTF-8") //better 

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Hal German

• 10.  Re: CEM Plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 03, 2016 10:28 PM

Hi Team got the answer for the above said query.

Actually the reason for this was in order to fetch value from the response it should be response based transaction.

then secondly instead of Plug-in as a type it should be Plug-in HTTP Response

Thanks, @Hal German

Regards,

Winkle Khurana

• 11.  Re: CEM Plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2016 09:09 AM

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue