DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Unable to open configuration of snmpgtw Probe in CA UIM

Posted Nov 03, 2016 07:04 AM

Hi Team,

When I am trying to open the snmpgtw probe configuration in Admin console then following error occured:

Also when I am trying to open the snmpgtw probe configuration using Infrastructure Manager then by default  Raw Configuration is open.

I also reffered to KB Article TEC000003582 but it didn't helped.

Please suggest.

Anuj

• 2.  Re: Unable to open configuration of snmpgtw Probe in CA UIM

Posted Nov 03, 2016 08:29 AM

maybe this will help

If this is a newly deployed robot have the security team ensure the virus detection app is not interfering.

restart the robot

Via the console delete the probe and then ensure the probe's directory was removed & then redeploy the probe.

If this was working and you would rather troubleshoot. 

set the probe, ppm, & controller for log level 5 and reproduce the problem in the admin console.

for IM console it is distsrv instead of ppm.

after making the config change for the log level, remove or rename the logs just to make troubleshooting easier

set the log level back to 0 or 1, leaving it high results in unnecessary load on the probe.

• 3.  Re: Unable to open configuration of snmpgtw Probe in CA UIM

Posted Nov 04, 2016 03:11 AM

Hi David,

After redeploying the snmpcollector probe and setting the log level to 5 in ppm and controller, it is showing the same error. Related log found in the ppm log file states: "Problem to extract file while decoupling" and "Error while copying or loading adapter from jar file"

Anuj

• 4.  Re: Unable to open configuration of snmpgtw Probe in CA UIM

Posted Nov 04, 2016 09:50 AM

Was the deployment successful?

There should be

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\probes\gateway\snmpgtw

with

snmpgtw.cfg

snmpgtw.cfx

snmpgtw.exe

snmpgtw.log

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\probes\gateway\snmpgtw\locales\locales.zip

It seems as if it might be a problem communicating with this robot.

As a test deploy cdm to this robot and see if it works correctly.

But given the complexity and wide variety of things that could be influencing this it might be better to open a Support case.

david

• 5.  Re: Unable to open configuration of snmpgtw Probe in CA UIM

Posted Nov 07, 2016 12:49 AM

Hi David,

Yes, the deployment was successful. There are following files in the directory D:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\probes\gateway\snmpgtw:

snmpgtw.cfg

snmpgtw.cfx

snmpgtw.conf

snmpgtw.exe

snmpgtw.log

But, I can't find the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\probes\gateway\snmpgtw\locales\locales.zip

Also, cdm is working fine on this robot.

Anuj

• 6.  Re: Unable to open configuration of snmpgtw Probe in CA UIM

Posted Nov 07, 2016 09:05 AM

OK, so the deployment may have been reported as successful but it was not.

Has the security team verified the scanner does not touch any of the folders under \Nimsoft?

The recommendation to deploy cdm was to test the ability to deploy a probe and cdm was chosen randomly. For an existing probe all communication out is via controller, which is not the case when a probe is deployed. It seems more likely that whatever is interfering is something local rather than firewall. This would fit in with the deployment being reported as successful and based on the log entries reporting the failure to extract a file.

• 7.  Re: Unable to open configuration of snmpgtw Probe in CA UIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2016 11:02 AM

Dear Anuj,

which version of PPM are you running here?  As per the probe pre-requisites, it requires PPM 3.22  for the configuration in Admin console to work:

snmpgtw (Simple Network Management Protocol Gateway) Release Notes - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Te… 

Kind Regards,

Martin Fink

CA Tech Support

• 8.  Re: Unable to open configuration of snmpgtw Probe in CA UIM

Posted Nov 07, 2016 12:41 AM

Hi Martin,

I am using PPM 3.30 which is supported for snmpgtw 1.40 as it is specified, it requires PPM 3.22 or later.

Anuj

• 9.  Re: Unable to open configuration of snmpgtw Probe in CA UIM

Posted Nov 09, 2016 01:49 PM

Hi Anuj,

For Hub/robot version 7.80 only ppm probe 3.22 works. So if you have higher version of ppm probe i.e 3.30 then try to decrease to ppm 3.22 and verify.

Regards - Ripple